Just One of Those Days

~Lance's POV~

After a small drive around town, Keith and I decided to go watch the sunset at our little spot. I took notice that he was rocking back and forth slightly, his hands tangled together tightly. I frown softly.

"Hey, Keith, what's up?" I ask softly. He looks at me like a deer caught in headlights before he shook his head.

"Nothing. I'm fine." He says, though he was still very clearly anxious. His shoulders hunched forward in an attempt to make himself smaller as he brought his knees to his chest. I sigh softly.

"I know that's a lie. Talk to me." I whisper, wrapping my arms around him gently. He sighs softly.

"I-It's just... I don't know." He says, sounding rather frustrated. His hands move so he was squeezing two of the fingers of his left hand tightly with his right hand. (I do this all the time. I dunno why. Donut judge me)

I pull him close and nuzzle his scent gland gently, breathing in the scent of cherries mixed with a bit of... strawberry? His scent also held a faint trace of frustration and something else I couldn't pinpoint.

"Just talk to me." I whisper. Keith took a deep breath and started his rant.

About an hour later, Keith stopped ranting, tears streaming down his face as he tried to wipe them away only for more to take their place.

"Oh baby... it's okay. I'm here for you now." I whisper, surprised that he had opened up so much towards me. He trembled a bit, still crying from all the traumatic memories he had recalled about bullying and his own... falling-outs with his family. Like when he had presented as an Omega, his mother almost kicked him out but his brother convinced her that Keith being a male Omega was a good thing. Or the day his parents and brother got into the accident. I hold him close until he finally calmed down, his breathing evening out as he relaxed.

"Hey, don't go falling asleep." I tease. He gently slaps my arm.

"One time!" He shouts playfully. I chuckle and kiss his nose gently.

"Date one. And you fell asleep on my arm. I'm never letting that go." I tease. He hides his face in my chest and pouts. I chuckle and pet his hair gently.

"Such a pretty Omega." I whisper. Keith groans and tries to bury his face deeper into my chest.

"What's wrong with me complimenting you?" I ask softly.

"I-I'm n-not used to compliments... I-I hate them." He whispers softly. I smile softly.

"Well get used to them. Because I will compliment you all the time because you deserve the compliments I give." I say. Keith looks up at me, a soft smile on his face.

"Whatever." He says, his pale face red. I chuckle.

"So pretty~" I say, brushing his hair behind his ear. We sat there in silence for a little bit before Keith's phone went off. He grabbed it from his pocket.

"It's Shiro... he's gonna be working late tonight."

"Damn, they work him to death there, don't they?"

"Yeah." Keith whispers.

"Either that or he's probably taking extra hours to avoid me." He adds, sighing.

"What?"

"It wouldn't be the first time. He always does this kind of thing. He'll work himself to death if he's particularly mad at me but then he'll just switch back to his normal schedule."

"And why would he be mad at you?" I ask.

"I don't know. Maybe because I found an Alpha and he hasn't been able to do a background check yet." Keith says, sighing.