Something's Not Right

Trigger Warning! Mentions of Abortion!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Keith's POV~

It's been a couple weeks since I moved in with Lance and something just doesn't feel right.

I groan, rolling out of bed carefully as to not awaken Lance as I ran to the bathroom, emptying my stomach contents into the toilet. I groan, leaning heavily on the toilet seat as I continued to empty my stomach, taking a couple deep, shakey breaths before retching again. I hear a groan coming from the door and look up for a few seconds before dry heaving over the toilet again. Lance walked towards me, rubbing his face.

"What's wrong baby? Did you eat something bad last night or something?" He whispers, kneeling down next to me while placing a hand on my back. I shrug, dry heaving a few more times before being able to lean back, panting softly.

"I... I don't know..." I mumble, shaking my head. Lance checks my forehead for a fever and frowns.

"You're not running a fever. Maybe you just ate something bad last night." He says, helping me up. I sway a bit before stumbling back to the toilet, throwing up again. Lance rubbed my back gently, whispering soothing words into my ear.

"Wanna go to the doctor baby?" He asks, rubbing my back. I take a few deep breaths and hesitate before nodding.

Lance helps me up and gets me dressed before dressing himself. I smile softly, looking at him as he changed. Lance helps me to the car and nuzzles my neck, smelling my anxiety.

"Calm down baby. Everything will be okay." He whispers, shutting the door. I nod softly, watching as he walked to his side before getting in and starting the car. I look out the window as he drove us to the clinic. I bounce my foot up and down and rock back and forth anxiously.

"Baby, calm down." He whispers. I take a deep breath and look out the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we got an appointment set up and got me signed in, I waited anxiously before my name was called.

"Keith Kogane?" asks the nurse. I stand and walk to the room with her after she got my height and weight. She gets my vitals and tells me the doctor would see me soon. I nod softly to her and sigh. She walks out and Lance grabs my hand gently.

"It'll be okay baby. Don't worry too much." He whispers. I nod shakily and sigh. Several moments later, the doctor walked in and shook my hand.

"How are you Keith? My name is Coran Wimbleton-Smithe and I'll be your doctor today. What seems to be the problem?"

"Well... I-I've been waking up early in the morning to my stomach churning a-and then I get the sudden urge to throw up. It's been going on for the past two days."

"Well, let's get you all checked up and we'll try to figure out what the problem is, okay?" I nod and lay on the bed, letting him do a normal check up before he asked me to pull up my shirt and his cold hands touched my skin. I shiver and look at Lance as the doctor felt around my stomach. He hummed softly, asking Lance to leave the room. Lance nods and kisses my lips gently.

"See you soon baby." He whispers. I watch him leave and look at the doctor.

"Keith, are you... sexually active?" He asks. I bite my lip and nod.

"Yes, wh-why?"

"Do you use birth control or some other form of protection?"

"I-I don't take birth control but we use condoms... every time." I whisper.