Fear

~Lance's POV~

I smile, glad to see Keith happy with Kosmo by his side. He walks towards the car with the large dog at his side, a smile on his face.

"Hey baby." I say, opening the door to the car to let Kosmo in as I hugged Keith gently around his large stomach.

"Hey." Keith whispers, nuzzling my chest. I smile and shut the back door of the car, opening up the passenger side door. I help Keith into the car before loading the groceries into the trunk and putting the cart away, climbing into the driver's side and driving home.

~~~~~~Timeskip! One Month Later!~~~~~

~Keith's POV~

I sigh, waddling to the kitchen to grab lunch. I open the fridge and look around, bending over to look at the lower shelves when I heard Kosmo growl and felt him press himself against the back of my legs.

"Hey! That's enough! There's nothing out there!" I shout. Kosmo bows his head, his ears lowering as he walks off, his tail between his legs. He lets out a soft 'boof' and looks towards the window by the kitchen. I look out the window to find nothing.

"That's enough Kosmo!" I say, getting tired of his behavior. I grab a bowl of leftover potato cassarole and pop the lid, putting it in the microwave and cooking it. Once my food was cooked, I waddled back to the living room, setting my food on the coffee table and sitting on the couch. I grab the remotes and turn on the TV, putting on a show about nature.

The day continued like normal except for Kosmo's occasional bark and growl which was really making me paranoid because I didn't know what he was barking at. Was someone outside that I didn't know about? I look up at the clock and sigh. I still had a couple hours before Lance would be home. I call Kosmo up onto the couch and he rests his chin on my stomach gently, looking up at me with his blue eyes. I pet his long fur, my eyes darting around the room.

"What's going on Kosmo?" I ask softly. He only looks at me and at the window and 'boofs'. I sigh and rub my temples. Then a thump was heard outside the front door and something slipped underneath the door. I shakily stood and waddled over to the door, picking up an envelope. It was blank on the outside but was fairly heavy with whatever was inside. I waddle back to the couch and open the envelope, pulling out a stack of pictures about half a centimeter thick. My hands started to shake and Kosmo nudged my leg constantly, alerting to my anxiety. My breathing picked up and I raised a hand to my mouth, looking at the pictures in horror. They were all of me going about my day in the last few hours. Someone had been outside the house taking pictures of me. I scramble for my phone and shakily dial my Alpha's phone number.

"Come on... pick up... pick up." I whisper, near tears.

"Hello?"

"Lance?"

"It's me Keith, what's up?" My mate's voice asks, full of concern.

"P-please come home... I-I'm scared..." I whimper.

"What's going on baby?" Lance asks, his voice full of urgency.

"I-it's hard to explain... p-please come home..."

"I'm on my way baby. Give Kosmo a hug, I'll be there soon." Lance says softly, the sound of a car door shutting in the background.

"O-okay." I whisper, shaking.

"I love you."

"L-love you too." I whisper.

"See you soon."

"See you soon."

"Bye."

"Bye." I whisper, hanging up.

Fifteen minutes later, Lance burst in the door, running to me and checking me over.

"Are you okay baby?" He asks, his blue eyes full of concern. I shake my head, pointing to the coffee table. Lance turns around and see the photos, his face going pale.

"Oh no... not again. Not this again! We were supposed to be happy!!!" He shouts. I flinch at my Alpha's anger, shying away from him. He notices this and relaxes.

"S-sorry baby. I'm sorry." He whispers, pulling me close. I sob loudly, gripping his shirt.

"It's okay. It'll be okay." He whispers, petting my hair. I shake my head.

"It'll never be okay." I whisper.

"Yes it will. It will be okay. I'll protect you. I'll protect our babies. I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep." I whisper.

"I can keep this one." He says, pulling back from the embrace and looking me in the eyes.

"I will keep this one and we will live happily with a large family and these two babies will be a part of it." He says, tears streaming down his cheeks. I sob louder and hug him tightly, shaking violently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright! Sorry it took so long. I hit a bit of a block but I got past it! (I think) I hope you guys liked this chapter!

Luv Y'all,
Erin Jaeger