Chapter 8

Hi guys,

I am very excited to share the next three chapters with all of you. They're deinitely long anticipated.

I dislike writing the beginning to books because it takes a while to start the climax of the plot. Which is why I very much enjoy writing this stage of books.

Please VOTE and FOLLOW

Thank you

I hope you all enjoy!

--------------------------------

I didn't get much homework done this weekend. I guess that I was just very distracted by the thought of seeing Chris again. I pretty much spent all of my weekends stalking him on social media.

Dad left for work early and came home late the entire weekend, so he didn't see Ned's bruised face - thank God.

Ned said there was some drunk guy who swung at him for no apparent reason, hence the face.

I told him that Chris drove us home, so he immediately ran outside to examine his car. To his surprise, it didn't have a scratch. He then 'joked' about Chris being his designated driver for now on.

I didn't tell Ned about what happened with me and Chris on the night of the party, simply because I didn't want him to go into overprotective big brother mode. I also didn't mention the cocaine or the picture that I found in Sam's room, I'll keep those two little details to myself for now.

"Hey" Jenny walks over to my side as I stand at my locker Monday morning "you stormed out where did you go?"

There's no way that I'm going to tell her about the cocaine or the picture of that girl in Sam's wallet. I can tell her about the unexpected kisses though.

I half smile "can you keep a secret?"

"Always" she grins as Chris approaches us.

"Hey, beautiful" he kisses my cheek before glancing at Jenny "Hi Jen" he then redirects his gaze at me "Are we still on for that date?"

How's that a question? Of course. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I nod "of course"

"I was thinking we could go out for pizza Friday night?" He smiles.

"Sounds good to me" I agree.

"I got to go to the gym," he informs me "Coach wants to see all first string players before class"

I nod "see you later"

"Bye," he smiles at both Jenny and me.

"That's what I was going to tell you" I smile at Jenny "Chris kissed me Friday night and now we're going on a date, isn't that terrific"

Jenny stands frozen with her mouth wide and her cheeks vermilion "mhmm" she nods slowly as tears begin to surface.

"Jen, are you crying?" I soften my voice in concern.

"What? No these are happy tears" she grins as wiping away the tears that are rolling down her cheeks.

She's crying because Chris wants to go out with me? The only reason that makes sense to me is if she has a crush on him.

"Oh my God" I blink "you have feelings for Chris?"

"What" her eyes widen in surprise.

"That's why you're so upset" I widen my eyes. "You like him?"

Jenny Parker. I've always called her
Nefertiti and I always will. Nefertiti was one of the first female Egyptian emperors. They both have tangled family lives, which is how I made the connection between them in the first place. As I get to know her though, the more apparent their connection becomes.

She shakes her head violently "no of course not"

"Jenny-" I start.

"He's one of my best friends" she assures "I'm just really happy for you both"

"Hi Jenny" a deep voice greets as approaching us "hi Carter"

"Blake" I raise both brows in surprise.

I haven't seen him since I kissed him to escape Sam's room. I shouldn't have done that. I have lots of regret.

"Blake you're first string shouldn't you be in the gym with coach?" Jenny scolds.

"Yeah, I uh just wanted to say hi to uh you two first" he shrugs as avoiding eye contact with me.

I really hope he didn't say anything to Sam. I'm not asking him to lie to his friend, I could never do that. I just don't want him to mention that I was in his room.

"Actually can I talk to you for a second in private?" I ask as walking down the hallway, away from Jenny. "You didn't say anything to Sam about me being in his bedroom, did you?"

He shakes his head slowly "no"

Oh, thank God.

I sigh in relief "Thank you, you don't understand how much this means to me"

He nods "well you're welcome".

I begin to take a step away from Blake when he taps my should. I turn around to face him.

"Would you like to uh go o-out with m-me uh Friday night?" He stutters nervously.

Everything inside of me crashes and burns. Oh crap. Chris's twin brother just asked me out. He's nervous too, which makes this one thousand times worse.

It breaks my heart because it takes so much courage to ask someone out, and only to be rejected. I can't say yes, not only because I have a date with his brother but also because I'm not at all interested.

"Oh Blake that's so sweet" I smile before sighing "but I'm sorry I just don't see you in that way"

"But y-you kissed me" he blinks.

My heart rate increases as sadness filled his eyes.

I nod "Yeah I know" I soften my voice "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that"

"Then why did you?" His voice rises in fury.

"I just freaked out when you caught me in his room and honestly didn't know what to do" I explain "I'm sorry that I hurt you"

He shakes his head violently "Hurt? Me? No, I'm peachy" he nods with anger.

"I'm sorry" I lower my voice.

He waves me off as shaking his head "Oh I'm fine" he yells.

"Blake-" I call as he storms away from me. I sigh "I'm sorry"

He got so angry. I can't be expected to go out with someone that I don't have feelings for. I shouldn't have kissed him, I know that. I panicked and didn't know what to do.

I'll call him Nero, the infamous Roman emperor whom "fiddled" while Rome burned during the great fire of 64 A.D. He ruled Rome from 54 A.D. until his death by suicide.

Senator and historian Tacitus claimed that the Roman people thought he that he was compulsive and corrupt.

He had many overwhelmingly negative qualities to his personality, but in his early years a lot of people didn't see him as a monster at all, in fact, he was loved by his people. I guess it depended on the perspective.

Nero was also known to have pursued his own tastes and pleasures. Roman philosopher Seneca urged Nero to use his autocratic powers conscientiously, but he obviously failed to harness the boy's more generous impulses to his responsibilities. Blake seems like Nero to me, they both run on impulse.