Chapter 15

Hi all,

So the next few or so chapters may change your perspective of Ned. In The Silent One Books, Ned is perceived as a fun loving guy, whereas this book and The Broken One book will be exploring another side to him which may change your perspective.

Please VOTE

Thank you

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------

I sit in the hospital room, beside my father who laid sleeping. It's morning now. I haven't slept since the stabbing occurred the night before, too busy worrying about dad and Ned, I guess.

Ned tried to kill our father last night. I've always known that Ned has a short temper, but I didn't know he was capable of this.

The doctors told me that dad needs to stay in the hospital, they're estimating two weeks but it all depends. They tell me that the stab wound is on the right side of his abdomen and is about three to four inches long. Due to the damage, the doctors have had to remove his gall bladder. Gina called my brother Luke who is currently living in New York for college. He's on his way home. That reunion is going to be a lot.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, I look behind me to find Gina. She holds two paper coffee cups, one she slowly passes to me.

"We should go home Precioso" she half-smiles with her sad eyes.

I shake my head slowly "I don't want to leave him"

My dad is laying helpless in a hospital bed, the thought of leaving him makes me feel sick. The only way I'll leave is to go see Ned. I don't know what I would say to him, to be honest.

Suddenly I hear footsteps growing louder. Gina and I both turn our heads to face the people who walk across the room.

"Elise" one cries as running to my side.

"Hi, Shelby" I sniff as hugging my friend. "Calum....what are you guys-"

They can't possibly understand how much I've needed them. I miss their hugs. Shelby and Calum are exactly what I need right now.

"We went by your house first...look who we found" Calum half smiles as looking for his shoulder.

My eyes widen "oh...Chris"

He waves awkwardly as standing at the door. I stand up immediately before taking his arm and pulling him into the hallway.

What is he doing here? Why would Shelby and Calum bring him here?  This is not good. If Chris knows about the stabbing then the others probably do too. Ned doesn't need this right now. The last thing he needs is to be looked at like he's a monster.

"Hey" Chris greets as placing my hair behind my ear "You left your purse in my car so I thought I'd pass by your place....what happened?"

I shake my head "nothing"

He raises a brow "nothing?"

Well, obviously something but I can't tell him. My friends should have never told him about this. Ned doesn't need this.

Shelby and Calum don't know about my father's abuse towards Ned, all they know is that Ned has a violent temper. They just think that last night it got out of hand, which isn't completely false.

I chuckle at my stupidity "well not nothing obviously cause we're here...Shel and Cal should have never brought you here" I furrow my brows and shake my head slowly "you should go"

"....There were reporters in front of your house with cameras" Chris says simply "Why did he do it?"

Does Chris care or is he just curious at this point?

"You need to leave" I order as returning to my dad's room without Chris.

Ned is on the news. The incident is across multiple tv stations. I don't think they announced his name or anything like that, but it's still pretty bad. Ned doesn't need this. I have to go see him.

"Well?" Shelby puts her hands on her hips.

"I'm ready to go now" I wipe my eyes.

"You are?" Calum raises a brow.

"Please can we just get out of here" I weep "I can't be in this room any more....the walls are closing in"

Not exactly true. Five minutes ago, I swore that I would never leave my dad. I guess that I just have to see Ned now.

"Okay" Shelby nods "where do you wanna go?"

"Ned," I say simply "I need to see him"

"I don't think-" Calum begins to shake his head.

"I need to" I cry.

Calum and Shelby both fall silent before exchanging worried looks. They're not used to seeing me like this.

"You should go Precioso" Gina nods "I will stay with you papa"

"Thanks, Gina" I nod at her. "I just really need to see him"

"Need and want are two different things" Calum points out causing Shelby to slap the back of his head "ow" he hisses in pain.

"We'll come with you" Shelby struggles to smile "right Cal?"

"Right" Calum nods "we can take my car"

I nod "okay thanks"

That's better than catching a cab alone. I will not let them come in with me though. Seeing my brother in jail is something that I need to do alone, plus the last thing I want is to make Ned uncomfortable by having Cal and Shel there.

Gina wraps her arms around me "mantenerse a salvo"

Stay safe is what she's begging. I always am, she needs to worry less.

"voy an" I assure "no te preocupes"

Gina half smiles before nodding her head and taking a step back "Go precioso...you no want to keep Ned alone"

Ned has been alone long enough. God knows what will happen if he's alone with his own thoughts any longer.