003.

Tristan turns the volume of her music up louder, but even with that she can still hear her mom and her boyfriend screaming at each other from the living room. She has been trying to study for a test for the past three hours, but it came to be very hard to do when all she can hear is that someone stole Seth's stash of cocaine and he believes it was either her or Justin.

She stares at her notes for another thirty minutes, before finally giving up with the amount of noise in the house. She flops on her bed and closes her eyes to listen to the beats of her music mixed with the muffled sounds of Seth's raspy voice. Justin is home for once, and he too is trying to drown out the shouting by playing music, but his volume is up so loud that it shakes Tristan's walls.

It's past one in the morning when everything seems to be calmed down. Tristan's mother had went to bed hours ago, and Justin's erotic music has been off for a while now. Tristan's stomach growls and she knows she hasn't eaten anything since lunch, she decides that now is as good of a time as any to grab food.

She quietly turns her doorknob and checks to see if anyone is around. Noticing all the lights are off in the apartment, she carefully steps out of her room and tip toes to the kitchen. She pours a glass of water and grabs an apple from the fridge. Her music is still blasting from her earphones, and she closes her eyes as she moves her head to the beat of the song. She stands in the kitchen for a few minutes, taking in the rare peaceful aroma surrounding her.

She walks back to her room, but notices that the television is still on in the living room. Thinking that someone just forgot to turn it off, Tristan walks over and presses the button, making the screen go blank. She is about to turn around and go to her room, when a strong hand grabs her arm and painfully pulls her closer to the person.

She looks up and sees the greasy blonde hair of her mother's boyfriend. He reaches up and yanks the earphones from her ears, and his raging voice replaces the melancholy of the music. "What the fuck. You think you can just come in here and turn off the tv while I'm watching it? You're going to have a wide awakening, princess."

Pain shoots through her arm as Seth's grip tightens, "I didn't know you were in here!"

"Yeah, I bet you fucking didn't. You think I don't know what you and your fucking brother are up to?" He seethes, his nose almost touching Tristan's as his nicotine breath hits her face. "If I find that stash in one of your rooms, both of you are dead!"

"What are you talking about? I haven't touched your fucking stuff!" She scream back at him, tugging her arm trying to get away from him. His eyes flame and he slaps her glass out of her hand, shattering it to the floor. Tristan yelps and tries to jump back, but he restrains her from going anywhere.

"DON'T FUCKING LIE TO ME!" He screams, spit flying onto her face from his fury. Tears form in Tristan's eyes, and no matter how hard she tried, one slipped out and rolled down her cheek. Seth's eyes light with evil as he mockingly reaches up to wipe the tear away, "Oh don't cry, princess. Just tell me where you put my stuff."

His taunting voice makes Tristan sick to her stomach. She pulls at her arm again in her last attempt to escape, but Seth grabs her other arm and slams her against the wall, "You wanna try that again?"

"What the fuck?"

Tristan looks over and sees Justin opening his bedroom door. He was obviously asleep, but his eyes are now fully awake as he looks from his sister to Seth, "Get your fucking hands off of her!"

Seth laughs before turning his attention back to Tristan, "Go back to bed, Justin. You'll get your turn later."

Justin grabs Seth's arm and shoves it away from Tristan's body. Seth drops her other hand as he goes for Justin, "Fucking touch me again, you little shit."

"I told you to keep your fucking hands off of her." Justin's posture grows tall as he tries to intimidate their mom's boyfriend. Tristan moves further away from the two; her heart feeling as if it was going to burst out of her chests and seeing her brother and Seth at each other's throat isn't helping.

"Seth!" Her mother appears from their door, covered in one of his shirts, "Leave them alone, just come back to bed."

Seth and Justin's chests are both heaving with anger, but Seth finally steps back as he stares Justin down, "We aren't done."

Once Seth and their mom disappear from view, Justin turns towards Tristan, "Are you okay?"

The only thing Tristan can manage to get out is a choked cry, and then starts to sob. Justin curses as he gently reaches out and grabs her arm, walking her back to his room and locking the door behind them. They sit on his bed, and he holds her as she continues to cry. "I'm going to fucking kill him."

"We need- need to leave," She hiccups as she rests her head against Justin's shoulder. "What about Bryce?"

"I don't know, Tris. Maybe we can find somewhere else," His shoulders tense and he wraps an arm around his younger sister.

"What do you mean? We always stay at Bryce's?"

"Look, I'll figure something out, okay? Just go to sleep, alright?" He coaxes as Tristan closes her tired eyes and tries to fall asleep.

__

fuck Seth.

remember to like and comment hehehehehe