034.

Tristan walks home from Caroline's that day, after promising her friend many times that she would be okay alone. Tristan's mind has been racing all day, and the fresh air filling her lungs is finally putting her at ease.

The girl stops in front of the Jensen's house and admires how beautiful the house actually is. Tristan has never felt so safe in one place in her entire life. She honestly never wants to leave the Jensens', but she knows once this trial is over, her and Justin will have to go back to their mother and Seth.

Tristan notices that Clay's car isn't in the driveway, and she fumbles around with the key Mrs. Jensen gave her to unlock the front door. She steps in and looks around for a sign of her brother or Clay.

"Clay?" Tristan shouts. Not hearing a response, the girl steps further into the house, "Justin, you up there?"

"We're in here." A strange voice responds, making Tristan stand taller in fright as she creeps up the stairs. She slowly opens the door to Clay's bedroom and sees Alex Standall sitting in a chair while her brother is hunched over on the floor.

"What the fuck?" The girl exclaims, her bag making a thud as it drops to the ground and she walks closer to the two boys.

"Tris, I can explain-" Justin starts, his voice is drained and Tristan's eyes move to the puddle of vomit next to him.

"What did you do?" Tristan seethes, her eyes igniting with fire. The Jensens would never let them stay if they found out about this. Her brother looks down at his lap, but Tristan's voice booms even louder, "What did you FUCKING DO?!"

"Tristan, calm down-" Alex pleads, but Tristan's furious expression makes him stop.

"Don't you say anything, Alex," Tristan spits as she lowers herself to look at Justin's weak body, "You are so fucking selfish, you know that? I needed you today, and this is where you were? Getting high in Clay's fucking bedroom? I wish you would have never came back."

Justin looks up at his sister at her last statement, but Tristan is too angry to care about the hurt forming in his eyes. She scoffs as she stands up and props herself against the wall, just looking at what her brother has become.

No one in the room dares to say another thing. The silence makes Tristan's anger grow, putting her on edge as her breath staggers. The door opens and Clay appears.

He takes one looks around the room and notices how off put everyone is, "What the hell happened?"

"He shot up and then almost choked on his own puke." Alex answers, everyone's head turns to Justin who is still sitting on the floor.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Justin? You were just clean!" Clay reprimands, his eyes narrowing at the boy.

"Leave him alone, okay?" Alex interrupts, Tristan not understanding why he would defend Justin's stupid actions.

"What? Now you're defending him?" Clay asks.

"Yeah. What the hell were you thinking with the tapes, Clay?" Alex argues.

Tristan's chest tightens. What?

"Do you have any idea what you did to Jessica? Or Tris?"

"I was trying to get justice for Hannah." Clay spits back.

"Wait," A pit forms in Tristan's stomach, "You posted the tapes?"

Tears sting in Tristan's eyes at the thought of Clay doing something like that. Her mouth gapes as she looks at Clay, praying that he would tell her that he didn't. That he would never do that to her.