020.

Tristan Foley walks into school with her hands folded over her chest and her dark hair over her eyes. She doesn't look around as she goes to her locker because she knows all eyes are on her today. Jessica Davis and Alex Standall are returning to Liberty High tomorrow, and everyone is on edge to see how the cards will fold.

Tristan swings her locker open and grabs a book off the shelf, glancing to make sure it is the one that she needs. She hears boys laughing when suddenly someone stops beside her, making her uncomfortable. She looks over and sees a boy clad in a varsity jacket with a smug plastered on his face, "I heard that Davis girl is coming back tomorrow."

"So?" Tristan tries to ignore the guy as he gets closer to her and leans down.

"You two better be careful, I'd hate to see you get raped."

Tristan stands frozen in place as the boy laughs back to his friends. She turns to slowly close her locker as tears prick her eyes.

"Hey, dipshit, leave her alone."

Tristan follows the voice and sees Caroline Anderson storming over to the boy and his friends, her face red with anger.

"Oh and what are you going to do about it, blondie?" One of the jock's friends snarky replies.

Caroline scoffs, "Do you not remember what happened last time?"

The boys roll their eyes and walk the opposite way down the hall. Caroline watches them for a moment before walking up to Tristan, who is looking down at her feet, "Tris, you okay?"

"Yeah, thanks," Tristan nods, smiling at her friend.

Caroline picks up her bag and walks with Tristan to her class, "Do you want to come over today? I know everything is getting crazy again and I-"

"Sorry, but I told Trey that I would hang out with him after school," Tristan says, not noticing Caroline's face fall at her reply.

"Tris, I know he's your friend and everything, but are you sure about him? I support you, no doubt, but I've heard stuff about him, and I just don't want you to get hurt." Caroline says as they stand outside Tristan's first class.

Tristan huffs, as she has heard this conversation from Caroline at least a dozen times, "Trey is fine. He's a good friend, and I need more of those around with all this stuff going on."

Caroline doesn't seemed convinced but she nods anyways, "Yeah, sure. I don't want to be late for class, so I'll catch you around."

Tristan nods, but doesn't make plans to see Caroline again that day. Tristan is walking to her last class, texting Jessica about tomorrow morning, when she runs into someone, their stuff clattering to the ground. Tristan apologizes as she looks up and stops when she sees the face of Zach Dempsey. They both turn away from each other awkwardly and neither say anything else. Zach bends down to pick up his baseball equipment, and Tristan, feeling guilty, picks up his glove. She hands it to him and when he grabs it, his hand brushes against her's and she jerks her hand back.

Zach clears his throat as he situates his stuff in his hands, "Uh, thanks. Sorry for bumping into you,"

Tristan shakes her head and gives him a fake smile, "It's okay, I wasn't pay attention."

Both of them stand there for a few more seconds, sneaking glances at each other until they both walk away. Tristan smacks herself on the head for being so stupid, and she tries her best to put Zach behind her as she walks to the parking lot.

Tristan is sitting in the backseat of a pickup truck with Trey McPhail. His hand pulls back his curly blonde hair as he rolls up another joint. Tristan is smoking her third and laughs to herself, "You know, they make those dab pens for a reason."

"Well that just takes out all the fun." Trey laughs as he sticks the roll in his mouth and lights it on fire, letting the smoke fall out of his mouth.

"I would already be twice as high as I am now too. You're slow ass takes an hour just to roll one of these." She says, waving her blunt trying to prove her point.

"Oh whatever," Trey exhales, watching the smoke swirl in the air as he throws an arm around Tristan's shoulder.

This is the fourth time she has gotten high this week, not that she minds, she just wished marijuana gave her the same effect as some of the other things she's tried in the past couple months, "There's going to be stronger stuff at this party, right?"

"Why? My stuff not cutting it anymore?" Trey perks up, his red eyes meeting hers.

"You know what I mean."

Trey deviously smiles, "My buddy James is coming tonight, he usually has some of your stuff. I'll see if I can score you something,"

"I knew there was a reason I liked you." Tristan's red eyes light up as she brings her lips to his.

They both laugh as they pull back, Trey finally reaching down and turning his ignition on, "Okay, well, if you want that shit we actually have to make it to the party."

Tristan leans back into the seat and nods as they drive off towards party Trey talked her into.

Trey drops the girl off at her house later that night. She hops out and stumbles to the door. She used to refrain from people drinking and driving after what happened to Jeff Atkins a few months back, but now she just doesn't really care what happens. She fumbles with her keys and when she walks in, she sees her mother's boyfriend, Seth, standing in the kitchen with a beer. His eyes fall onto the girl and he rolls his eyes, "Where the fuck have you been?"

"I was out. It's none of your business anyways," Tristan mumbles as she tries to walk past him, but he steps in front of her, his stale breath hot on her face.

"It is my fucking business because your mom has been worried sick about you. After your dumb fucking brother stole my shit and ran, she's been on my ass about you all the fucking time." He stares down at the girl, whose anger is boiling inside of her.

"Don't fucking talk about him."

"About who? Justin? Listen here, princess. If you keep coming home high all the damn time, you're going to end up just like him, or worse. I'm not having you bring that shit in my house when the cops are already on my ass ." Seth spits as he pushes Tristan away from him.

Tristan moves past the man and into her room, slamming the door behind her.

__

welp here's the first look into act II! What did y'all think?

Also what do y'all think is going to happen during this act?

I've already planned for over 20 chapters so this is gonna be great

remember to like and comment!