024.

Tristan stands beside her locker at the end of the day, fumbling her phone in her hand as she waits for Caroline to get out of class. The girl tries to ignore the stares she has been getting because of Jessica's testimony today, but it seems as if everyone in the school has been watching her every move. She leans her head against the cool, blue metal and decides to dial a number she has been anticipating all day.

The other line rings as Tristan paces the hall of Liberty High. She sighs when the line cuts off.

"-This is Jessica Davis' voicemail, sorry I couldn't pick up. Just leave a message and I'll get back to you."

"Fuck." Tristan mutters as she shoves her phone into her pocket and leaves the building. The courtyard is scattered with students talking with their friends before they head home, and as soon as Tristan steps out, she feels the eyes of her peers falling on her. She quickly puts her head down and squeezes in-between people to avoid everyone. Tristan is about to step on the crosswalk when someone from behind pushes her, making her notebooks fall to the ground.

"Oh, here, let me help you with that." A voice says that makes Tristan's blood freeze.

Tristan slowly turns around and meets the face of Bryce Walker. She immediately looks down to avoid his eyes, and he reaches down to retrieve her books. She glances around and notices that a few people have seen their interaction and are curiously watching to see what happens.

Bryce stands back up and hands the girl her books back. As Tristan grabs them, Bryce pulls her closer to him and a sly smirk appears on his lips, "You need to start watching what you're doing, someone could get hurt."

Tristan shutters, and he starts to chuckle at her response. Bryce pats her arm, "You be careful, Tris."

She stands frozen as he walks away towards his car. Her arm still burns from wear his hands touched her, and she feels disgusting. Tristan takes in a gasp of air before she hurries home.

Slamming the door to her room, Tristan throws her bag to the floor and paces in circles. Her body trembles in fear and she can feel her heart pump out of her chest. Tristan chokes back her sobs as she wraps her arms around her body, trying to forget his touch. She falls to the floor, shutting her eyes tight and praying that everything will just go away. She wants it to go away. She is tired of feeling the pain every day. She wishes she could go numb.

Tristan's eyes snap open and she glances at her dresser. She knows she shouldn't do it, but the temptation is driving her insane.

The girl stands herself up and steps towards the wooden dresser. Her fingers wrap around the back and in one swift motion she jerks it forward, making a small plastic bag fall to the ground. Tristan sighs with relief at the sight of the bag and picks it and places it on her night stand. Adrenaline rushes through her body as she pours the powder out and pushes them into lines. She smells the white substance and hopes that after what she paid Trey that it is worth it. Her body turns cold as she kneels in front of her nightstand with a dollar bill rolled tightly into her hand. She thinks about how good she will feel after this and she breathes out as she puts the bill to the powder.

Numbness washes over her face and her eyes close in bliss. Tristan's nose burns like hell, but she quickly lines the bill up to another pile. Her high courses through her bloodstream and she laughs as she lays down on the floor.

The loud music that Seth is playing is muffled through the walls and Tristan feels as if she can touch h every note that is played. The euphoric sensation of this freedom made Tristan smile. An actual, genuine smile broke out on Tristan's lips, something that hasn't happened in a very long time.