050.

Tristan slips on a maroon sweater the next morning as her curling iron heats up on her desk. Today is the home visit, and the nerves are eating away at the girl. She has changed outfits three times, hoping that the new one looks better than the last. She looks over herself in the mirror hanging in her closet and she nods. This will do.

Her short hair curls easily and once she gets done with her makeup, she begins to organize her room again. The girl finishes hanging up her discarded outfits when a knock on her door brings her attention to her brother coming into the room, "Oh, hey."

Justin gives her a tight smile as he shuts the door behind him, his eyes glancing around the girl's room before focusing on her.

"What?" The nerves that Tristan has forgotten about creep back in her mind.

"Tristan..." Justin starts, stepping closer to his sister, "The police department just released a statement. Bryce was shot."

Tristan stumbles back in shock. Shot.

A gun.

Tristan looks up to her brother with wide eyes, "You... You don't think someone we know..."

Justin doesn't meet her eyes for a moment, clearly answering her question with having to say anything.

"Oh my god."

"Look, Tris, we don't need to worry about this right now," The boy touches her arm lightly, "We have more important things, like the home visit. Right?"

Tristan doesn't say anything for a second, but soon moves her head into a nod. Justin smiles at her before placing his lips on the top of her head, "We'll figure this out, Tris, I promise."

Thirty minutes later Lainie Jensen is calling up the stairs for Tristan, and when the girl reaches the bottom of the stairs, she sees the familiar face of her and Justin's social worker. Tristan smiles at the woman as she spots Justin and moves to stand by him. His hand rests on her back as the woman begins to talk, "It's good to see you all this morning. For this visit I'll need to examine the house and interview the members of the family. Sound good?"

The woman's smile puts some ease into Tristan's body, but anxiety still circulates her body. Lainie speaks up, "Ms. Kama if you would like to set up in our dining room, Matt can show you the way."

"That will be perfect, thank you. I will begin looking throughout the house, and the children are encouraged to come when I examine their rooms."

Tristan smiles at Ms. Kama and she looks back at Justin once the woman is out of sight and he nudges her shoulder with reassurance. The Foleys stay close to the Jensens as they watch the social worker look around their house with her clipboard and pen scratching away. It's not long after that the woman returns to the five in the kitchen, "Tristan, you are still upstairs, correct?"

Tristan nods.

"Okay, if you want to follow me to your room we can go ahead." Ms. Kama smiles and turns to go to Tristan's room. The girl turns towards her family and releases a nervous breath before following the woman up the stairs. Ms. Kama is already in her room when Tristan gets there and the woman turns around to meet Tristan, "This room looks a lot different than the last time I saw it."

Tristan smiles, "Yeah Mr. Jensen and I painted it before school started. I didn't like the blue."

"I think this better suits you," The woman kindly winks at her and she continues with her clipboard as she glances through the girl's closet and dresser, "Do you go shopping a lot?"

"Mrs. Jensen will take me to the mall sometimes," Tristan replies, looking at all of the clothes she has accumulated in only a few months time.

"Do you enjoy your time with the Jensens?"