056.

Ani gets dropped off quickly and no one says a word as the three walk into the boys' outhouse. Tristan still doesn't know what came over her. Why she would do something like that.

"Was Seth telling the truth?" Justin's voice finally breaks the silence. Tristan wraps her arms around herself as she sits on Clay's bed.

The girl looks up from her lap to the two boys watching her closely. She shrugs, "What do you want me to say?"

"Who were you buying from?" Justin's eyes full of disappointment as he moves closer to his sister.

Tristan bites the inside of her cheek, "Trey."

"What?" Justin says expectantly, "Coke?"

Tristan shakes her head, "That got too expensive... Adderall. Trey said it's less addictive and-"

"Tristan." Her brother rolls his eyes as he pulls at his hair.

"What? You're going to patronize me about drugs now, you fucking hypocrite!"

"You shot a gun at Seth!"

The room goes quiet. Tristan looks down at the floor, her eyes stinging with tears. If she could take that back, "I didn't mean-"

"What would have happened if you shot him, Tris? If you killed him?"

"I..." Tristan's words get stuck in her throat. She looks up at her brother and Clay. She knows what they are thinking, "I didn't think that I would actually do it."

There is a knock on the door and the two siblings stop arguing when they see Lainie Jensen walk in. She eyes the three of them carefully, "I thought that was you pulling in. Where have you been? You missed dinner."

"Monet's," Clay speaks up quickly. The first thing he has said in a long time, "We were getting homework done."

Lainie nods her head in approval, "Oh. That's good. I just wanted to come and check on you three. I know this morning was a little rough. It's scary, but Matt and I just wanted to make sure you three are dealing with this okay."

"What's going to happen with the adoption?" Tristan whispers as she sits next to Clay. Justin watches her closely as she peers at Lainie.

"Legally it should have no bearings on the adoption proceeding." Lainie says, "But Clay is over eighteen now, and if any adult living in the household is convicted of a felony... the adoption will be denied."

"So what do we do?" Justin sighs, he is frustrated with his siblings and the thought of the adoption not going through only makes his irritation grow.

"For now we wait," Lainie looks between Justin and Tristan, "They won't recommend your case to a judge until... until they have some clarity on Clay's situation."

Justin fidgets beside his sister and sighs, "Okay."

"Justin, you and Tristan always have a home here, no matter what." Lainie's eyes linger on Tristan as the girl chews on her nails.

Silence falls over the room, the heaviness of the conversation filling the air. The woman touches Justin's arm as she begins to back away, "You three get some sleep. Don't stay out here too long, Tristan."

Tristan doesn't look up from the table as she nods at the woman. The door shuts and the three teenagers are all left deep in thought.

"I'm sorry." Clay mutters as he watches Justin pace back and forth.

Justin stops and huffs, "For what? For fucking what? I mean, you didn't do anything."

Clay glances up at the boy as he continues, "It's not your fault, you have nothing to be sorry for. I love you, man."