047.

Monday morning, Tristan and Caroline stand next to their lockers as they chat before the first bell. Tristan's eyes sport dark circles from the lack of sleep she has had, and she tries to keep them open as Caroline talks about the Friday night party.

"It is a real bummer about the dance, though," The girl continues, not noticing Tristan's eyes shutting closed. "Charlie and I had matching outfits."

"Yeah. It sucks," Tristan nods. The last thing Tristan wants to think about is Homecoming, and how Jessica Davis got the dance cancelled from her protest on the field that night.

There is a beat of silence, before Caroline asks, "Have you heard from Zach today?"

Tristan shakes her head as the loud bell sounds through the hall. The two girls watch as the crowd of people start filing into their classrooms, "He said he was coming today. I haven't seen him."

"Are you two-"

"Tristan." A voice calls from behind.

The girl snaps her head back and sees Jessica Davis marching towards her. Tristan rolls her eyes as she slams her locker closed, ignoring the girl's call. Caroline gives her friend a concerned look.

"Tristan, can we talk?" Jessica's voice cuts through the quiet hall once more, and she is closer than before. Tristan still ignores the girl and starts to walk towards her class. Jessica huffs.

"Tris. The cops took Clay."

Tristan stops dead in her tracks and whips back around to Jessica. Her eyebrows furrowed together as she feels her heart begin to race, "What?"

"Ani told me," Jess responds, relieved that the girl is listening to her, "They took him out of school."

Tristan's mouth tries to form words as her brain spirals through the endless thoughts of why the police have Clay. Her eyes meet Jessica's knowingly though and she sneaks a glance to the oblivious Caroline before making up her mind, "I got to find Justin."

Tristan leaves the two girls quickly and her shoes hit the tile floor with haste as she searches for her brother. Once she enters the library, relief washes over her as she sees him, "Justin."

Justin looks up from his homework and his mouth twitches when he sees the apprehension on Tristan's face, "Tris, what's wrong?"

"It's Clay. The police took him."

The boy immediately stands up and panic takes over his own face, "What does that mean?"

"Ani saw them escort him out of school." Tristan whispers as she glances over her shoulder for unwanted listeners. "You don't think it's about Tyler?"

"We gotta get to Tony," Justin states, throwing his papers into his bag and rushing out of the library. Tristan jogs to keep up with the boy, but his adrenaline is making it impossible.

"Justin, I can't go." Tristan breathes out, her brother finally slowing down and turning to look at her.

"What are you talking about? It's Clay."

"I know," The girl exasperates, she uneasily shifts her weight, "but I can't miss cheer... Coach Loftin already suspended me two games for Homecoming, and if I miss practice..."

"Why did you go out there?" Justin asks, his calculating eyes watching his sister.

Tristan looks away and shakes her head, "You know why."

"Tris, you gotta let go of this feud you two have-"

"Don't tell me what to let go of," Tristan snaps, her brother's face contorts into surprise at her outburst. The girl closes her eyes to collect herself before looking back at Justin, "Just get Clay."