019.

Tristan walks to school the next day. She thought the crisp air would be good for her, but now she realizes that it just numbs out the rest of the pain she is feeling. She walks onto campus and pulls her hoodie up so no one notices her. Tristan's feet drag across the tile as she enter the building and she feels as though everyone knows about last night. She's startled when someone gently grasps her arm.

"Hey," She looks into the soft brown eyes of Zach Dempsey, "You didn't answer any of my messages. I've been worried about you."

Tristan scoffs and shakes her head as she continues through the hall with him tailing behind her, "I'm fine Zach."

"Are you sure you don't want me to walk you to class?" He asks.

She stops and turns on him, "I said I'm fucking fine."

Tristan leaves him in the hallway and continues up the stairs to her first class. She doesn't hear a word said in first period and by second period, the girl has zoned every sound out of her head, only the words of the previous night replays in her mind.

She trails out of her public speaking class and she wonders around the halls in a daze. Tristan is not paying that much attention anymore and she just has an overwhelming feeling to not care. Tristan passes by nameless faces until she see one that makes her blood freeze.

Bryce and Monty walk in pace together, laughing at something one of them said. Tristan glances up at the wrong time, because Bryce spots her and gives her a deathly glare. She takes in a deep breath and start to walk a little faster, but she can't when a hand harshly grabs her and shoves her into an empty classroom. She hears the door shut and panic pulses through her.

"What the fuck have you done?" Bryce's voice booms as he tightens his hold on her arm.

"I didn't do anything, I swear." Tristan whispers, too scared to open her eyes and look at him.

"You didn't do anything?" Bryce scoffs, shaking his head with disbelief. "So how the fuck did Justin just mention that last night? And that I molested you, are you fucking kidding me, Tris? I fucking saved you."

Tristan bites her lip as a tear slips out of her eye, "I don't know, Bryce. I don't know why-"

"I gave you and your brother a home when no one else fucking wanted you. I gave you food. I gave you clothes. I gave you everything you could have ever fucking wanted. All I ever asked was for you to do a little favor for me in return, and this is how you thank me? I only told you not to do one thing. One tiny fucking thing. And you fucking did it." He spits. His face so close to her's that she can feel his hot breath on her skin.

"I-I," Tristan stampers, not knowing what to tell him.

"I can't believe you, Tristan. After everything I've done for you, you're going to betray me. And not to mention your brother."

"I didn't betray anyone!" The girl is cut off by a sharp pain to her cheek and when she looks up at Bryce for the first time, she sees his hand still held up from where he hit her.

His breathing is staggered as he pulls Tristan by her shirt and gets into her face, "Listen here, you little bitch, I know you told Justin about us. And whatever you told him, you fucking lied. I never did anything to you that you didn't want, and you better remember that or you'll fucking regret it."

He releases her shirt and she stumbles back. He looks at Tristan one more time before turning around and exiting the classroom. The girl chokes on a sob and cover her mouth to try not to make as much noise.

The bell rings and Tristan quickly leaves the classroom and goes into the hallway where everyone can see her red cheek and puffy eyes. She can feel the stares and she tries her best to make it to the front door before anyone notices that she is leaving.