004.

The bell rings, ending Tristan's fifth period Personal Leadership class. She stands up and begins to pack up her things, when she notices someone stand behind her and tap her shoulder. She turns around and Sheri Holland is smiling at her with her cheer uniform neatly pressed.

"Hey?" Tristan says, watching Sheri as she follows Tristan out the door.

"Hey, Tris. How are you doing today?"

"I'm fine?" She replies with a curious glance towards her new friend.

"That's great. I just wanted to, you know, talk. The last time we've had an actual conversation was long before all this happened. I just want to catch up with every one." Sheri shrugs.

"Oh yeah, you're right about that. Everything has been so crazy lately, I barely talk to anyone anymore," Tristan laughs. They pass by Hannah Baker's locker and the atmosphere of their conversation changes. Neither one of them speak until they are a few rows of lockers away from Hannah's, "This one's me."

Sheri nods and glances back to Hannah's locker, noticing all of the stickers and notes left on it, "It's such a shame."

"Yeah, it is." Tristan agrees as she stacks her books together, trying to get Hannah out of her thoughts.

"Did you know her?" Sheri turns back to look at Tristan.

"Yeah," She answers. Sheri's face retains a blank stare, "I mean, we knew each other. I wouldn't call us friends; but yeah, I knew her."

"Funny, that's how our friendship was." Sheri laughs as Tristan closes her locker. "Hey, are you going to Bryce's party tonight? I know him and Justin are friends, but I'd hate to be the only girl there if I go."

Tristan snorts, "Trust me, you wouldn't be the only girl there. Justin and I are staying at Bryce's right now, so if you go you'll probably see me."

Sheri nods and her mind seems to be elsewhere, "Oh, okay. Well, I think I've bothered you enough today, bye Tris!"

Tristan is on her third cup of Malibu when she finally sees Sheri Holland at Bryce's party. Tristan leaves the group of girls she is talking with and stumbles as she makes her way to Sheri. As she gets closer, she notices how uncomfortable and out of element Sheri seems, "Hey, you came!"

Sheri looks up and sees Tristan and smiles, "Hey, Tris. Yeah, I thought I might as well come for a little while."

"Come on, I'll get you a drink!" Tristan slurs and pulls Sheri to a table piled high with every type of booze Bryce could get his hands on.

"Oh no, I'm not drinking tonight," Sheri protests when she sees Tristan pouring her a cup of cherry vodka.

Tristan stops pouring and squints at Sheri, "Why not?"

"I've stopped drinking for a while now..." She answers, looking away and avoiding Tristan's eye. Tristan shrugs and dumps the contents of the cup into her solo cup of Malibu. Tristan leaves Sheri and sways into the pool house and sits down in an empty chair at the poker table. She watches as Montgomery and Marcus Cole play with cards with a couple other guys in varsity jackets.

"Hey Tris," Monty smirks next to her. Tristan closes her eyes in response and takes another big gulp of her now disgusting drink. She hates vodka.

"This game is boring." Tristan blurts out as she watches the boys play another round.

"We can make it not boring, baby." Monty looks around to the other boys who smile in response as Tristan closes her eyes again to stop the room from spinning.

"How?" She looks at the boy beside her.

"You ever played strip poker?" Monty asks as he scoots closer to her.

"No!" She laughs, "I've never played poker in my life,"

"Perfect." Monty grins as he passes out the cards again.

It isn't surprising when Tristan loses the first two sets and has taken off her socks and shoes. She believes that the boys at the table are fucking professional players and she can't understand how she is losing. Monty passes out another hand and when Tristan gets her cards she smirks. She is quickly learning the game, and even though she is drunk off her ass, she thinks that she can win this round. Everyone reveals their cards and Tristan squeals when she has the highest hand. Montgomery laughs at her as he tosses his losing hand at the deck and pulls of his shirt, throwing it at Tristan and winking, "You'll be needing that once we get done with this game."

He is right, Tristan loses the next round and she laughs with the other boys as she sloppily grabs the hem of her shirt. As she tugs it off, boys around her start whistling, making her laugh harder. She drunkenly grins at Monty as he greedily eyes her in her lace bra.

Montgomery moves his chair back and grabs the drunken Tristan form hers and puts her onto his lap. Her eyes are closed but she smiles when she feels his hands on her waist. She can hear the others behind them egg Monty on and shout praises towards them. Tristan intoxicatingly reaches down and touches Monty's stomach and she sees him buckle his hips at her touch. His hands grip her backside and a flash of something pangs Tristan's mind, something telling her to stop but she can't remember what it is.

Tristan ignores the feeling in her mind and moves her hips against the boy below her. She enjoys seeing the power she has over Montgomery, and she is about to go further when someone tears her away from him.

She falls to the ground with the amount of force and she looks up to see Justin with fire in his eyes, "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

Tristan blinks hard, trying to clear her foggy head as she slurs, "Calm down, jackass! I wasn't doing anything."

"Oh fuck this." He seethes and pulls his sister off the floor, "I'm not letting you do this."

She scrambles to her feet and fights until he lets go of her. She shoves him back, "Fuck you, Justin! You- you think I haven't noticed you hovering around me all fucking night?! Leave me the fuck alone!"

"I'm not going to let you walk around here acting like a fucking whore." His voice is deathly low as he glares at Tristan. There is a crowd forming around them by the poolside, but Tristan's rage is pushing past her drunkenness.

She pushes her brother again and stares daggers into him, "Fuck. You."

Bryce pushes to the front of the crowd so he could get front row seats to the fight, but when he sees that it is Justin and Tristan, he immediately jumps in-between them. "Hey, what's going on?"

Tristan ignores Bryce and continues to glare at Justin, "You're a fucking asshole, and I hate you."

She turns away and storms into the empty pool house. She can hear Bryce shout that the party is over and everyone begins to leave his house. She throws herself onto the couch and pulls a blanket around her.
It isn't thirty minutes later when she hears Justin walk into the pool house, and she turns her body so she faces the back of the couch. Justin curses as he passes her and he flops onto the other couch and passes out almost instantly.

Tristan rolls her eyes as she tries to go to sleep.

__

soo how about that party huh? What do you think is going to happen?

like and comment please it helps me out a lot!!!