007.

Just as he promised, Bryce is waiting for Tristan by his car after eighth period. She shrugs off her backpack and throws it to the floorboard as Bryce starts his car and pulls out of the parking lot. Most of the car ride is silent, Bryce's radio blasting rock music and his fingers drumming against the steering wheel are the only things that are making sounds. Tristan can feel his eyes on her multiple times, but she tries her best to ignore him.

"So, he hit you again?" Bryce asks, eyeing her through his RayBans. Tristan glares at him, but keeps her mouth shut. Bryce reaches over the console and moves her face so he can see the purple marks on her face better, "Jesus, Tris."

Tristan shoves his hand away and tells him to fuck off. He looks back to the road and she looks out the window. The silence continues until Bryce speaks up again, "Tris, you know you are welcome to stay at my house anytime, right?"

The girl rolls her eyes, her voice is full of irritation, "Yeah, I know."

Once they get to his house, Tristan is out of his car and half way to the pool house before Bryce can pull his key from the ignition. She opens the door and the potent odor of weed fills her senses. She looks at Justin who is sitting on the couch; he groans the second he sees his sister, "Tris, what the fuck are you doing here?"

"Me? What the fuck are you doing here, Justin?I haven't seen you in two fucking days!" Tristan shouts as he stand up to come to her. "Did you just not feel like texting me back or were you just too fucking high to do that?"

He rolls his eyes and shakes his head at her, "Look, I just had to figure some shit out okay? I'm sorry that I haven't-"

Justin stops mid sentence and his face contorts to something of anger and worry as he looks at his younger sister, "Wait, what the fuck happened to your face? What the fuck is that? Who did this, Tristan?"

Tristan scoffs, "Who do you think, Justin?"

"You are not staying there anymore, Tris. Do you understand?" He runs his hand across his face in stress and pulls at his hair. Tristan almost feels bad for him. Almost.

"Well maybe if you were there, then it wouldn't have happened..." She spits bitterly.

Justin faces her and he is seething as he points a finger in her face, "Don't you dare blame this on me."

Tristan glares at him one last time before she turn around and walk out the door. She go back inside and sees Bryce sitting at the kitchen table, texting on his phone. He looks up, "How did it go?"

"He's such a fucking twat." She replies as she pulls up a chair beside him.

"I could have told you that," He chuckles before locking his phone and looking at Tristan, "You and Justin have been staying here a lot lately, good thing my parents aren't home, right?"

Tristan stops breathing and she feels as if she is suffocating. She looks away from him, "Right."

Bryce begins to say something else, but the doorbell rings just in time to interrupt him. He tells his maid that he will get it, and when he returns Zach and Marcus follow closely behind him. "He's in the pool house, stoned off his gourd, by the way."

Tristan watches as the two friends walk outside towards the pool house. Bryce closed the door, sparing Tristan a glance, before he leaves to go to his room. She sits in the kitchen alone for a minute before deciding to go to the pool house with Justin and his friends. She steps down the brick steps and she is about to push the handle open when she hears the three boys talking from the cracked door.

"-not just her," Marcus says, "Clay was talking to Tristan this morning."

"What did he say to her?" Justin sparks an interest to her conversation with Clay, but why?