009.

Halloween arrives the next days and Caroline is at Bryce's house to pick Tristan up by seven in the morning. As soon as Tristan opens the door to the Jeep, her friend throws the costume at her. She rolls her eyes, but hops into the backseat to slip the red material over her body, "Jesus, could this be any tighter?"

"Yeah, it probably could," Caroline deadpans as her friend climbs over her console and into the passenger seat with a tight red dress on. "Stop complaint Tris, we look hot!"

Tristan lets out a scream as Caroline swerves into the left lane and almost crashing into another car, "Shit, sorry!"

Tristan takes in a deep breath and reaches to the floorboard and pulls out the matching headband, "We better win this contest, Caroline."

"We will, gosh. Have some optimism, ye of little faith." She looks over towards Tristan and laughs. They arrive at school and Caroline parks in her designated parking spot. The two girls begin looking at all the other costumes that students are wearing as they pass the car. Caroline snorts as she point to a girl about to enter the building, "Look at her outfit! A unicorn, hah! What is this 2016?"

They get out of the car a few minutes later, and they both know that they have one of the more scandalous outfits here. Caroline adjusts the halo on her head and locks arms with Tristan as they enter the school. The looks and catcalls don't stop there, and Tristan instinctively pulls down the hem of the dress to try to be more modest. It doesn't do much, and when she tries to pull it down again, Caroline slaps her hand away, "Will you stop, Tris. You look fine."

"Will everyone just stop looking at us! We don't even have the best costumes!" Tristan tells her friend and glances around at the decorated hallway at all the people staring at their costumes.

"You better shut up!" Caroline whispers back. "We do have the best costumes. And you should be glad everyone is looking at us, because your mans if over there with his friends and he hasn't been able to keep his eyes off you."

Caroline smirks and motions her head over to where Zach, Bryce, and Alex are standing together with matching costumes. Tristan notices Zach looking away immediately and heat rises to her face and looks back to her friend. "See, Tris! Come one, let's go over there."

Tristan is tugged by her friend dressed in a skin tight white dress, and she devilishly smiles at Tristan when they walk past the boys and Bryce calls them back, "Tris, you guys hold up a second."

She turns around with Caroline by her side and looks at Bryce, "Yeah?"

"An angel and a devil?" Bryce smirks as he wraps an arm around Tristan's shoulder, looking at their costumes, "It fits you two perfectly."

Tristan laughs and she looks at the boys' costumes, "Muff? What the hell is that?"

"We're muff divers!" Zach pipes up cockily, looking at the girl's red outfit in front of him. Tristan shakes her head with confusion, "Muff divers? You've seriously never heard of that?"

"No, what is it?" Tristan innocently asks. Alex is about to answer her, but is interrupted by Justin barging through wearing a rock costume.

"What the fuck, Tris? You said you weren't dressing up!" He stares his sister down.

"Well, Caroline wanted me to do one with her, so I decided to do it..." Tristan answers, embarrassed that Justin was shouting at her about her outfit.

"Justy, relax," Bryce says, patting Justin's chest in an attempt to calm him down, "So they're hot? They don't need an outfit for everyone to know that."

Caroline laughs at Bryce's comment, but Tristan shifts uncomfortably as she looks away from the group. Caroline perks up, "If you think we're hot now, you should wait and see us at the party tonight!"