030.

Tristan wakes up with the feeling of exhaustion washing over her. She slowly regains her memory of what she said to Justin and she sighs heavily, regretting ever opening her mouth. Her eyes peel open and she realizes that her head rests on Justin's chest as he has an arm wrapped around her and is reading a comic with the other. She stirs and Justin looks down from his book and eyes her swollen face. Embarrassed, Tristan only glances at him for a second before sitting up and pulling her knees to her chest.

"Hey," His voice is sad and soft. He watches Tristan as she turns towards his direction but won't look at him. He sighs, "Are you okay?"

Tristan nods her head, avoiding his eyes but resting her head on his shoulder instead. Justin glances at her before a small smile appears on his lips, resting his head on top of hers.

The two stay like that for a while, neither say a word as Justin flips through the comic book. The silence in the room is comforting for once, and just hearing Justin's breath relaxes Tristan's mind.

A sudden shattering sound from downstairs disturbs their peace, and both Justin and Tristan shoot up with fright. Tristan grabs onto her brother, "Justin, what was that?"

Justin raises a finger to his lips, signaling for her to be quiet, as he goes to the bedroom door. He presses his ear against it, but quickly backs up and closes the door when they both hear footsteps coming up the stairs.

Tristan's blood pounds through her ears as she frighteningly looks to her brother. Justin hastily grabs her arm and pushes her into Clay's closet before getting in it himself, leaving the door cracked so he can peak out of it.

Tristan's body jumps when she hears Clay's door burst open and then the sounds of rustling and fumbling.

Someone was in the room with them.

She squeezes her eyes shut and clutches onto the back of Justin's hoodie for dear life.

"Clay? Are you home?" A voice comes from downstairs. Tristan notices that the intruder stops rustling around the room and must be trying to escape. Justin swings the closet door open and rushes towards the open window. Tristan silently trudges over towards her brother, not noticing the man sneaking up on the pair while wielding a baseball bat, "What the hell!"

Both Justin and Tristan scream as they turn around and face the man. Justin grabs Tristan and pulls her close as he puts his arms out in defense from the man, "It wasn't us!"

The man looks between the siblings and shouts, "Who the hell are you?"

Justin's grip on Tristan's wrist is painfully tight as he tries to muster up the words for the man standing in front of them, "I- I'm Justin Foley. Clay- Clay Jensen has been letting me stay here until they can get me to testify."

"Foley?" The man repeats. "You're the boy from the Baker's trial?"

"Yes. Yes sir, that's me. Clay was helping me," Justin says. The man lowers his bat to his side and Justin lets go of his deadly grasp on his sister.

"Who's she?" The man motions the bat at Tristan.

"This is Tristan, my sister." Justin starts, glancing at her to make sure she was okay, "Clay couldn't be here with me today, so he asked if she could come and help."

"I see." The man says, scratching his salt and peppered beard, "You two follow me. Come on."

The man turns around and starts to walk downstairs. Justin looks down at Tristan, noticing the terrified expression plastered on her face. He slowly begins to walk forward and when he just to the railing he turns to Tristan who is still standing frozen in Clay's bedroom and whispers, "Tris, come on."