× Foster's Home ( pt. 1 ) ×

Is Frankie Imaginary ?

This 2014 theory posits that Frankie Foster is actually a younger version of Madame Foster.

The theory points out that Frankie has a similar clothing design to her grandmother, and that they seem to almost appear exactly a like.

It is believed that Madame Foster created Frankie as a means of maintaining order in the foster home after she was gone.

She loved the foster home and all of the imaginary friends there, but she knew that because of her aggressive aging, she wouldn't be able to maintain the house for long.

This theory also points out how Frankie is never shown as having an imaginary friend herself (other than possibly the Scribbles, as shown in a flashback), and that she never really seemed to have a life outside the home.

It is believed that she dates humans either because she likes humans more than imaginary friends, or that she dates them because she was unaware of her position as an imaginary friend.

There is also an alternative take on this theory.

For example, it answers the question that if Frankie were indeed an imaginary friend, then why would she need a driver's license?

This alternative theory asks what if Frankie was real, but Madame Foster herself was her imaginary friend?

It is believed that the real Madame Foster died a few years ago, and that Frankie couldn't cope with the loss of her grandmother.

The theory also points out how childlike and energetic Madame Foster was compared to a typical grandmother, and that she typically acts as though she were one of the imaginary friends herself.

It is believed that Frankie stays at the foster home, because she wanted to keep the charade up that the imaginary Madame Foster was the real deal, and also because she still obsessed over her real grandmother's death.