× Scooby Doo ( pt. 4 ) ×

Scooby Doo was part of an experimental project by the Soviets.

Yes, you read that correctly.

According to themightyheptagon, "In the universe of 'Scooby-Doo,' it's a possibility that the Soviets also looked into an experimental breeding program that could have produced dogs with greatly enhanced intelligence.

It sounds batty, but super-intelligent animals could potentially have been a great asset to the Soviet Space Agency.

After all, why risk the life of a trained cosmonaut for a simple test flight when you could just send a dog who's smart enough to record data, operate consoles and understand complex commands over a radio ? "

To be honest, this makes a lot of sense.

Humanity tends to have an ugly history of using animals, who are seen as "lesser than humans," to explore situations with a higher chance of fatality, as evidenced by Laika. (RIP Laika.)

Furthermore, the Reddit user argues, "But in the course of their secret breeding program, maybe the Soviets unintentionally gave birth to at least one dog who was smart enough to learn and imitate human speech."

Cue: Scooby-Doo, the dog who speaks English, but it's definitely rough English — or should we say ruff?