× Gravity Falls/ Rick & Morty ×

Ford from Gravity Falls and Rick from Rick & Morty are mortal enemies.

Gravity Falls is no doubt full of hidden symbols that have sent fans on wild hunts.

However, one interesting question that was not answered at the end of the series was the relationship between Gravity Falls and Rick and Morty.

In Gravity Falls, Ford is known to have travelled to different dimensions.

However, his universe portal is only seen traveling to one other dimension.

So, how has he been to others?

Fans say the answer lies with Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty.

In the “Society of the Blind Eye” episode, Grunkle Stan’s notepad, pen, and mug, are flung into the universe portal.

In an episode of Rick and Mortycalled “Close Encounter of the Rick Kind”, these items are flung out of a portal.

We can tell the mug is the same by the “?” on it.

There is also a wanted posted in Gravity Falls: Journal 3 with a ciphered message that says “Rick was here.”

These clues led fans to believe Rick and Ford worked together to travel between universes.

However, what if there is a more darker theory.

One reddit user suggests the two are actually mortal enemies and Ford Stile Rick's Portal gun.