× That's So Raven ×

Raven's psychic powers are hallucinations.

In That's So Raven,  Raven’s psychic powers are hereditary.

She has an aunt, Auntie Fey, who also has the same powers.

However, one theory suggests the visions aren’t powers.

They’re actually hallucinations associated with schizophrenia.

Schizophrenia is hereditary and Raven inherited it because her aunt had it.

She hallucinates from time to time, and refers to the hallucinations as “visions.”

However, schizophrenia and hallucinations are not the only dark part of Raven’s life.

The theory suggests that Raven and Corey were fraternal twins.

However, Raven killed him in the womb.

Raven’s aunt blamed Raven for Corey’s death and constantly mocked her.

She called her a “greedy, ravenous b---h,” hence how Raven got her name.

The theory goes on to say that Auntie Fey raped Raven, which is why Raven’s dad is hesitant to let Raven see her aunt in “Country Cousins”.

The traumatic event caused Raven to erase everything from her mind, therefore creating a world where Corey still lives.

She has visions that he is still around, and this is why Corey is the perfect stereotype of an annoying brother in the show.

He is what Raven imagines a brother would act like.