Chapter 10

A/N hey, thanks for sticking by me! So, summer holidays from tomorrow afternoon for me in the UK. So that means more updates!!! This chapters mainly for @morganville4eva as she's always reading this, and she always comments and votes! Thanks for keeping my hopes up when I thought no one read this! So, a new chapter, enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There were a lot of arguments at home. My aunt and uncle argued a lot, and it was mainly about me. When I moved schools, there were a lot of arguments. My aunt didn't want to have to pay for me to go to a private school, but she knew that it was the only option because they wasn't going to move because I was getting bullied. My uncle thought it was a great idea for me to go to a private school because he thought that I may fit in more there. The last argument was about me moving out here. They didn't know much about Morganville, but they didn't want me with my family, they thought that Michael would be a bad influence to me.

Maybe they were right. Maybe I should have stayed in England.

Michael was shouting downstairs. He was arguing with Amelie. And my name was being mentioned. Why did he care so much? It was my choice. I could have died - well I did die, but I could've died and never come back, but I chose to just die.

I don't class being turned into a vampire as dying. Dying in my mind is when you don't come back. I'm still here, I'm not alive, but I'm here as a vampire. I'm not dead.

Amelie was keeping a cool tone downstairs. She didn't raise her voice through any of the argument, despite the fact that Michael's face was probably bright red from all the shouting.

The shouting didn't stop all day. Michael was going on at Amelie about how she shouldn't have bit me. Amelie was telling him that it wasn't his choice. And that is basically all it was. It was just going around and around, always saying the same things.

The arguing stopped after dark, and I heard the front door open and close. I stood up from my bed, and walked to the stairs.

I stood at the top of the stairs, seeing if I could hear anyone, but there was no talking. And I have to say, it was a relief. After a day full of fighting and arguing, silence was good. But it worried me.

I walked downstairs, and I saw Michael slumped on the couch with a games controller in his hand. He had the TV on mute, but he was playing a game that had zombies and stuff. When I was last here he used to play it with Shane. And that was when he was annoyed. I sort of felt glad he hadn't dug out any vampire killing games. At least his mood wasn't that bad.

'I know you're there.' Michael said in between killing some zombies.

'And I thought I was the one with the improved hearing now.' I said and I walked into the kitchen and checked the fridge.

'Amelie put some stuff in there for you.' Eve said, making me jump. She was stood against the stove on her phone.

'Thanks.' I said, grabbing a drinks bottle that was in the fridge. I opened it and took a gulp, and it tasted good. Too good.

I walked back through to the living room and sat on the couch next to Michael. He glanced at the bottle then looked back up to the TV.

'I know you're ignoring me.' I said to him.

'I'm busy.' He said, pressing almost every button on the controller to kill another zombie.

'Wow. You sure look it as well.' I said sarcastically.

'Just quit it okay?' He said, as I had another gulp from the bottle.

'Talking to you, or blood-sucking?' I said, winding him up.

Michael was killed by a zombie. He slammed the controller down onto the arm of the couch and faced me. He couldn't look me in the eye.

'Shut up.' Michael said. His eyes looked red.

'Michael, you made this choice one, so I can. I'm seventeen Michael. It's my life.' I said, putting the bottle down on the table.

'I knew Morganville. And I had no choice.' He said.

'And I didn't either!' I shouted. 'Do you think I really had a choice? It was either this or being six feet under!' I said.

'If you had never agreed to this whole thing, you wouldn't have been shot.' Michael said.

I stood up. 'I've had enough of this.' I walked upstairs.

I found my only decent clothes that were left; a black hoodie with a gaping hood and some jeans.

I walked back downstairs, grabbed the spare keys, then went out.