Chapter 12

'I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that.' Myrnin said standing up and backing away.

'Myrnin, it's fine.' I said, looking down.

'No, if Amelie finds out--' he said.

'Myrnin,' I said, standing up and walking to him. 'It' okay.'

Myrnin smiled and looked down at me. The top of my head only reached his chin. 'Shouldn't you be going?' He asked, putting his forehead against mine.

I looked at the time. It was almost 4am. The sun would be coming up any time soon. 'I've got to run.' I said, moving away from him. I ran up the stairs, and out of the door. Amelie's car was at the end of the alleyway.

I opened the door and got in. Amelie wasn't there, but one of her guards was, and they drove me home. I ran to the door and used the spare keys to let myself in.

Michael ran downstairs. 'I'm sorry.' He said softly.

I could hear his heartbeat, and he wasn't lying.

'Where have you been?' He asked me.

'Amelie found me a job.' I said. 'Just to keep me busy for a bit. I'm helping Myrnin.' I felt myself blush just as I said his name.

'Liz, be careful.' Michael said.

'Michael, he's okay.' I said, but if didn't look him in the eye.

I walked past him and went up the stairs. I went into my room.

I still couldn't believe it. Myrnin. I had only just met him, but he just seemed so real. I had never met anyone who had liked me just as I was. I was being myself, and Myrnin was okay with that. No one had ever looked at me in the way he did. He had caring eyes, that made him look so soft. Myrnin was different to most people. He cared about people for who they really were, not for that face they put on for other people.

Two years ago I decided to take piano lessons. Going to a private school meant more chance of learning more specialised things, and I fancied learning how to play the piano. So I began lessons. I had never thought that it would take me somewhere, and it embarrassed me. To be able to play in front of someone and be open about me liking it felt good. And Myrnin understood.

My phone beeped, and I picked it up.

Amelie gave me your number

Okay, so, who the hell was that?! Who would Amelie give my number to?

Who are you?

I texted back, and my phone went of almost immediately.

Myrnin.

So now Myrnin had my number.

I went downstairs and grabbed a bottle out of the fridge.

'Hey Liz.' A voice said. I turned around and there was someone standing there. A man. He was wearing mainly dark clothes, and held a stake. I let go of my bottle, and it spilt on the floor. The man looked down at the contents of it leaking onto the floor. 'So it's true then?' He said, stake still held right near me.

'That you and your friends have no life? Yep.' I said, reaching up and effortlessly plucking the wooden stake from his tightly gripped hand.

He stared at his hand and then lowered it slowly.

'So, are you going to go?' I said, but he remained silent, staring at the stake in my hand. 'Go!' I shouted, and he ran out of the back door, the way he must have come in. The door slammed shut, and Michael came running through the kitchen door.