Chapter 13

A/N hey, so hopefully with this update I will reach 8K! Love y'all! I've been struggling with writer's block, so if you check out my latest update on my book Just About Me, it explains why I have written this chapter. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hated having to make decisions - especially when they can change everything, and so much is at stake from just one small answer.

I had made too many bad decisions, and I hated to admit it, but moving to Morganville was one of them. I hate 'what ifs', because I don't see the point of looking to the past, because nothing can be changed. I never look to the past, and wish I hadn't done something until I came to Morganville, because that was one of my stupedest decisions. It had gotten me killed. What is a worse decision than something that gets you killed?

I know that good things have come out of moving to Morganville. I have my brother by my side all of the time for the first time. I have Myrnin. I have a whole family here. I talk about how this is something that I have never had, ignoring the fact that I do have a family. I have Sarah and James in England. I hated the way that I didn't see them as family, just because they're not my parents. They were the closest thing I had to family for years, and I haven't told anyone, but I have missed them since I had moved to Morganville, no matter how annoying they were. Morganville has made me understand so many things. I understand now that you can't live in the past. You have to live in the now, or you are just wasting your life. It's made me realise that family doesn't mean being related, it's having someone who cares about you - whether they've brought you up, or they are your brothers best friend. Morganville has made me realise who I am, and how much my own decisions can effect other people.

Morganville has made me grow up quickly, and realise that there is a real world that we all must come to terms with, and that I can't be a kid for all of my life.

I had to make my mind up before Christmas on what I wanted to do - I could take over from Amelie, or just carry on as I was. This is another one of those decisions that doesn't just effect me. Amelie was ill, so she wanted me to take over from her. If I didn't take over from her, maybe Morganville wouldn't run as smoothly, but then again, if I do choose to take over from her, Morganville could be ruined by me. I had no idea what to do. I didn't even know Morganville that well. I hadn't even lived here for a year.

I walked across Founder's Square with Myrnin. It was beautiful. There was a month to go until Christmas, so shops had their windows lit up. Christmas trees filled shop windows, and in the centre of the square, there was a giant Christmas tree, lights strung through its green branches. it seemed strange, after growing up in England, for there to not be any snow with all of the Christmas decorations out. Usually by this time of the year we would have had the first snow, and the Christmas trees outside would look beautiful, the branches bending under the weight of the glittering snow that is just balancing on them.

'Where do you want to go?' Myrnin asked as we wandered around aimlessly.
'Wherever I can get some Christmas presents from.' I said. It turns out that Christmas shopping is quite hard in Morganville - the only shops that you are in with a chance of finding something were in Founder's Square, and that only gives you a small choice. It's easy to buy for Eve when you live in a town full of vampires, but everyone else? It is almost impossible.

And buying for Myrnin? Even more impossible. What does a mad scientist bookworm vampire want?

We walked into one of the shops. When I think about it, I realise that this is the first time I have actually even been in any of these shops. This shop sold all things that Eve would like.

I found a really nice pair of tights - yeah I know, tights are a really strange present, but they had skulls on them with pink bows and they were just so cute that I had to get them!

In England I didn't do much Christmas shopping. I didn't have many friends to buy from. Now I'm in Morganville, I had to make a list. I had to get something for Eve, Michael, Shane, Claire, and Myrnin (of course). I loved Christmas shopping, it always made me feel so festive and great. It also helped me forget about things - such as the fact that I had a massive decision to make some time soon.

I got some of my Christmas shopping done. There was still no hope on working out what to buy for Myrnin. Why couldn't I have chosen someone normal to spend my life?