Chapter 8

A/N omg I'm so close to 1k!!! When I reach it, there is gonna be a surprise for y'all so help me out here!!!!

I'm still on holiday so this update is short, but please enjoy it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I grabbed a needle I had in my bag, already filled with the liquid. I had to do something about this, I couldn't hurt Helena. Maybe I haven't been taking this for long enough, maybe this would get better after a few days, a week at the most. Then my cravings may go away. I wouldn't have to feel like this. I don't know how I would cope if I was always like this. Every time I see or smell blood, having to run off. I wanted to be able to stay here in England, not forever, because of Myrnin, but at least long enough to get my old life back. I liked it here in England, I liked being here, back in my old house, even if I didn't like who I was living with. I liked England so much, but my heart was torn. I loved England, I have a whole life here, a culture I'm used to, but I like America, being in Morganville, I had a real family there, I had a relationship, I had people who cared. Yes, I had made enemies, but in Morganville, I actually mean something to people. I actually am something.

I injected the liquid into my arm, slowly. Helena ran in just as I was doing it and froze in the She stared at me, and shook her head.

'I thought you had been acting weird since you came back.' She said. 'But drugs? Seriously?'

'Helena, no. It's not what it looks like.' I said, putting th cap on the empty syringe and putting it into a box in my bag.

'It never is, is it?' She said, and turned, and ran the opposite way, out of the resterant.

God, why did I have to ruin everything?

I ran after her, getting stares from people in the resterant. I had to make sure I didn't vamp speed, I had to fit in here. Helena had run outside the shopping centre by the time I had reached her. She began slowing down, her face red, her breathing heavy.

'Helena.' I said, and she turned around.

'What?' She said, stopping. 'You want to try to explain, because, God, this will take some explaining.'

'I've got a rare blood disorder.' I told her. 'I have to take that medicine. I ran because I had forgotten.' I said.

Helena stared at me. 'You moved away and all of a sudden you have blood disorder. Yeah, that's easy to believe.' She said the last part sarcastically. 'Since you went to America, you've changed. And I'm not sure I like the new you.' She said, and began running off again.

Why can't everybody just trust each other? Believe what each other says? Because we live in a society that only believes what they want to believe. Something looks like illegal drugs, it is illegal drugs.

My last friend in England gone, and all because I couldn't control myself.