Chapter 7

I got up the next evening, Michael was eating with his parents and Eve. They were all chatting and laughing, like a real family. I wish I could have been part of a family with my parents, but I knew that especially now it wouldn't work.

'Do you want some dinner?' Eve asked me when I walked into the kitchen.

'I'm not hungry.' I said, and reached into the fridge to grab a sports bottle. I downed half of it in one go.

'Talk to him.' Eve said. Michael had obviously spoken to her about last night.

'Trust me, I tried that one. I even called Claire to make sure I got an answer.'

I emptied the sports bottle and placed it on the counter. 'I'm going to go for a walk.' I said. 'I'll be back before sunrise.'

Eve smiled and nodded in understanding.

'Elizabeth,' My parents said as I walked past them, but I didn't want to argue with them. I wanted to leave them.

I vamped to Myrnin's - I still can't think of a better name for moving vampire speed - and I went straight in the door down the stairs.

Myrnin was slumped against one of his lab counters with his back to the stairs. His lab was a mess - shattered glass coated large sections of the floors, and papers were thrown all over the room.

'Just go, Elizabeth.' Myrnin said, making me jump. 'You shouldn't waste your time on me.' He stayed with his back to me.

'Myrnin.' I said. 'I don't want to go.' I walked closer to him, my shoes crunching on broken glass.

'Your parents are more important. Do as they say, they know what's best for you.' Myrnin said.

'No. They don't know me.' I said, edging closer to him. 'You know me.'

'They're your parents.' He said.

'I don't want to leave you.' I said. 'You heard me on the phone.' I walked to stand next to him, and brushed shards of broken glass off of the floor with my feet. I collapsed down on the floor next to him. 'Please.' I said.

Myrnin stayed silent and completely still. He didn't even look at me.

I began to stand up when Myrnin held my hand. I sat back down.

'I love you, Elizabeth.' He said. 'But your parents know that you deserve someone better. Look at me!.' He cried. 'I'm a mess. Hundreds of years old and all I have is this place. You can do so much better, Elizabeth Glass.'

I gripped Myrnin's hand harder. A tear fell off of my face and hit his hand.

Myrnin looked towards me. His eyes were red from crying.

'Please don't leave me.' I said through my tears.

Myrnin looked into my eyes. 'I'm trying so hard to, but I can't.' He said, and put his hand up to my face and stroked the tears off of my cheeks.

'Then don't.' I said, and rested my head on his shoulder. 'Don't leave me.'

'You don't understand who I am.' Myrnin said. He stood up in a slow motion, bruising broken glass off of himself. He held his hand out for me to help me stand up. I grabbed hold of it and stood up. I didn't let go.

'I know who you are, Myrnin. I know all I need to know. I know you're not what you used to be.'

'Are you sure?' Myrnin asked. 'That you trust me? Because I need your trust.'

I nodded. I put my spare hand behind his head, into his hair. 'I'm sure.' And I kissed him.

I didn't want my family to come between us. I was fine before them, and I was fine now, without them. They didn't have a say with Myrnin, because I loved him.