Chapter 10

A/N OMG 1K THANK YOU SO MUCH OH MY GOSH I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!! Anyway, I promises you guys a surprise, so if you comment/vote on this chapter, I will put your name into a random selection, and the person that gets picked out gets to be in my story! Anyway, enjoy this chapter!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Elizabeth Glass.' The doctor said, coming out of a hospital room.

I stood up, and walked over to her. Sarah was next to me.

'I'm sorry, but Elizabeth needs to come in on her own.' The doctor said, and Sarah went and sat back down in one of the scruffy hospital chairs.

We walked into the room - a private side room to a ward. It had a bed, a chair, and a trolley full of medical equipment, glittering under the bright artificial light.

'I'm Dr Wilde.' She said, motioning for me to sit on the bed. 'Don't worry, I've spoken to Myrnin and Amelie, I understand it all.' She said, then began asking me questions.

It was the normal sort of things; any dizziness, sickness, my skin burning.

Dr Wilde filled a syringe with a liquid - the liquid that let me come to England.

'This dose is smaller than your first, so it shouldn't hurt as much.' She said, and smiled.

She put the needle into my arm, and injected the liquid into me. An icy shot threw itself through my body, making me shake - shiver. Dr Wilde had left the room, she didn't want to be around me straight after me having the injection - and I don't blame her. It made me hungry - really hungry for blood. And I hated it. I hate the fact that all I do is live off of humans, have to drink their blood to keep me alive. I'm a parasite - that's all I am. Feeding off of other creatures while they are still alive. I don't mind drinking blood if I don't really think about where the blood came from. It doesn't bother me then. I've tried not to show how much I hate it; how much I gag when I drink it, how it makes me feel like I want to be sick, but I can't any more. A bag of blood was lying in front of me, the door locked, and the blinds closed. Dr Wilde had given it to me to stop me craving it as much. But I couldn't drink it. Just looking at it made me feel sick - and I know it shouldn't do. I'm a vampire, for gods sake, but I couldn't. I know I was losing weight really fast, with just having my injection three times a day to stop me from feeling hungry, and then most of the time I didn't eat any proper food. If Myrnin knew I was losing weight like this, he would want me straight back in Morganville. And I knew that I couldn't cope back in Morganville now. It would fire Oliver up even more if he knew I couldn't bring myself to drink blood.

There was a knock at the door, and then the door clicked unlocked and Dr Wilde walked in. She looked down at the blood bag, and then back up at me, and began backing out of the room. 'I'll leave you for a bit longer with that.' She said, nodding towards the blood bag.

I shook my head. 'No.' I said, and grabbed my bag. I pulled a ready loaded needle out of it and took the cap off. I put it into my arm - the opposite on to which the other medicine had gone into - and emptied it. 'I'm fine.' I said to her, getting off of the bed which I had been sat on and putting the needle into a yellow needle bin in the corner of the room.

'My number is in your phone if you need me.' Dr Wilde said as I walked towards her to go out of the room.

I nodded, although I knew I wouldn't call her. If I needed anything I would call Myrnin. He understood more about this than she did - Myrnin made the drugs. I trusted Myrnin more than her, at least he was a vamp too.

I walked out of the room, escorted by Dr Wilde. As soon as Sarah saw me she stood up and walked over.

'You okay?' She asked.

I nodded. Dr Wilde walked off, leaving me with Sarah.

We walked out to the car - more jogged, because we were in England, so it was raining. We jumped into Sarah's red Mini and sat, without the engine going. The clattering of the rain against the car was almost deafening.

'I've been an idiot.' Sarah said. I had to bite my lips to stop myself from laughing. No sugar. 'I'm sorry. I know I can't replace your parents, or your brother. I just want to be a good parent to you.' She said.

I shrugged my shoulders. 'I like you.' I said. 'But no one can replace my real family - Michael.' I said. Michael was all of my real family that I knew. I still hadn't met my parents.

Sarah started driving home. And for once, the silence was nice - in a good way. We were both understanding each other.