Chapter 15

I had thought I had made up my mind. I decided to go to Myrnin's lab to see him and talk to him before I went to see Amelie and tell her.

Myrnin was with Claire, beginning to clear up some lab equipment. He seemed to be in a really good mood. He had an unusual childish spring in his step, and I'm pretty sure that he was humming Christmas songs under his breath. Unusually happy for him, especially at the moment. He was more like the Myrnin I had first met.

He spun around to face me. 'Elizabeth!' He said happily.

I didn't realise how much I had missed Myrnin being like this. He had been more... sane lately. More like a normal person, and it wasn't the same when he was like that. Today, he seemed more like hisself. He was normal, even if it isn't the sort of normality that other people would class as insanity, he was back to being normal Myrnin.

'Hey,' I said, sitting down in his chair that was next to his bookshelves. The chair was surrounded by books, and old looking ones, that were leather bound. You could see fingerprints in the dust that covered the covers, giving the only signs that they had been read in the last century. A few of the books had gold titles on the front, in fancy lettering, but the few that did were in some sort of other language, and not one that was easily recognisable, with strange symbols.

'Can I go home yet?' Claire asked Myrnin.
It seemed to make Myrnin jump, as if she just popped his happy bubble. He turned towards her, not fully registering what she had just said, and taking a few seconds to reply 'Yes, of course, little Claire.'
Claire rolled her eyes. She hated it when Myrnin called her little. It was unusual for Claire to be able to do anything without Myrnin noticing, but somehow she had managed to get away with the eye-roll. Something was definately wrong with Myrnin.

Claire left the lab, and Myrnin continues to tidy up some lab equipment. Now i definitely knew that something was wrong with him- he never cleaned up..

'Myrnin,' I said. 'What is it?'
Myrnin spun around, the way that a small kid would while playing. It's funny - Myrnin is technically so old, but inside he is still a kid, and he doesn't want to lose that side of him. 'Hm?' He said. He hadn't been listening again. Myrnin usually always listened. Always.
"What's wrong?' I asked again, and i stood up from the old chair and walked over to him.
'Nothing's wrong,' He said. 'Everything is right.' He was smiling like the old Myrnin again.
I couldn't help but laugh at his happiness. It was just so unreal that someone who has lived through so much, and seen everything, could be this happy , even though they know that they don't have the best things coming for them. I couldn't manage to be as happy as Myrnin. I had bad things coming. I had to go and talk to Amelie, and no-matter what decision I make, everything in Morganville could change... and for the worse. I was scared of what may become of my life here.
'I'm serious, Elizabeth.' Myrnin said, grabbing both of my hands in his. 'I have some great news!'
'What is it then?' I asked.
Myrnin had let go of my hands, and he was madly rushing around, clearing up everything. I had never seen him tidy so much. He spun back around to face me. 'Something truely exeptional!' He said and ran back over to me.
Myrnin was worrying now. He seemed to be acting how Claire had told me that he used to be like - when all of the vampires were dying. But, if the disease was back, he wouldn't be saying that something great had happened, would he?
'What is it, Myrnin?' I asked again.
'I've been working with Claire on something.' He said.
'No sugar Sherlock.' I said, but it didn't throw Myrnin off.
'We've stabilised the medication we gave to you to go the England.'
I nodded slowly. I didn't understand why he had to tell me what he had been working on. It wasn't as if he had told me much about what he had been working on lately.
'I've developed it so it works, Elizabeth. You can go back to England!'

Everythng went black.