Chapter 9

A/N IVE GOT LONDON COMICCON TICKETS TO MEET RACHEL AND SOME OF THE CAST! I CAN'T WAIT!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was finally sundown after a long day of doing nothing. Myrnin had been ordering new lab equipment to replace the broken things, so I had just been sat in his armchair reading. I didn't mind days like that, even if I was tired.

I still struggled to stay awake after a while with no sleep. Myrnin said it was the drugs I had taken in England, that their effect is wearing off still. I didn't go to sleep though. I was still scared of closing my eyes when I felt that tired.

I walked around the corner leading to Michael's house. The street was dimly lit, and dark shadows flitted their way across the road and down alleyways in between houses.

I knocked on the door - I had left my keys there when I had left. Eve answered the door, her makeup smudged, parts of pink skin on her face showing.

'Liz,' she said tiredly and smiled. 'Have you come to get your things?'

I nodded. 'Are my parents in?' I asked, walking inside. The house felt warm and welcoming.

'Yeah, they don't know about you moving out.' She said.

I smiled. 'Thanks.' I said to Eve, and headed upstairs.

I opened my bedroom door. My room was still in its usual mess - clothes everywhere. I pulled my suitcase down from the top of my wardrobe and began folding clothes into it. I packed my last t-shirt into it - a pink one with strappy sleeves. I didn't know when I would wear it, but I packed it anyway.

'You're back.' A Venice said from my door. My father.

I continued packing, folding up my jeans and fitting them in my suitcase around my clothes. 'I'm not staying.' I said, not turning to look at him.

'Can't we just talk?' He said, and I heard him edge closer into my room.

I began grabbing a few pairs of shoes off of my floor - some Dr Martens and a pair of flats. I would have to come back if I wanted more. My suitcase was too small. 'We are talking.' I said bluntly, pressing my shoes into my suitcase around my clothes.

My father walked in and sat down on my bed. I turned around and started grabbing some books off of my bookshelves and put as many in my bag as I could fit. 'You had your chance to talk.' I said, zipping up my suitcase.

'We got off to the wrong start.' He said. 'Can we just start again?'

I picked up my suitcase. 'You only get one first impression.' I said, repeating what Sarah had told me before.

'Elizabeth, you're my daughter.' He said, standing up and walking over to me.

'I'm your daughter when it suits you.' I said, and walked up to him, wheeling my suitcase behind me.

He put his hand towards my face and I flinched backwards. He looked shocked. 'Is Myrnin really that important to you?' He asked. 'That you will leave your family for him?'

I looked out of my window next to me. Of course he would go back to talking about Myrnin. 'I'm not leaving my family.' I said. 'You left me eighteen years ago.'

I began to push past him with my suitcase. My suitcase handle fell out of my hand. I turned around to pick it up but my father was holding it. He wouldn't pass it back.

'You're being unreasonable.' He said.

'You were being unreasonable by saying I couldn't marry Myrnin.' I said. 'I don't care if you're my father - which you're not to me - if you wanted the best for me, you would be happy for me to marry him.' I said. I grabbed hold of the handle to the suitcase and pulled it out of his hands.

I pulled the suitcase downstairs, banging down every step. Michael emerged from the lounge. I smiled weakly at him, and he nodded at me. He was okay with me leaving.

My father was following me downstairs, but he didn't say anything.

'I'll be back when they're gone.' I said to Michael, opening up the front door.

'Call me whenever you want.' Michael said.

I nodded and pulled my suitcase outside, closing the door behind me.

I didn't want to leave Michael's house, especially after only being back for a few weeks. But I didn't want to stay with my parents. And to answer my father's question, Myrnin was important to me, and I would do anything for him. He saved my life, and I owe him that.