Chapter 14

A/N so I've decided that this is going to be a three book series at least, but I'll publish them all inside this book, so I don't lose any readers. Anyway, this chapter is one of my favourites so far, so please vote/comment/share! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Oliver, I will seriously kill you.' I slurred after waking up on a cold floor.

The room smelled of damp, and the cold stone floor was uncomfortable,but I couldn't move. There was something around my wrists, and it was burning. I looked down. Silver chains. There was no one in the room, but this couldn't be just Oliver's work could it? He was a vampire too, so he couldn't have touched the silver.

'Do all you want.' Oliver said from a dark corner of the room that I previously hadn't noticed. 'Because I'm stronger than you.' He said.

'You're sick!' I yelled, and pulled on the chains. The burning got worse.

'No, all I'm doing is gaining my rightful power.' He said. 'And soon, you won't be in my way.'

I snarled at him. 'Now, child, you need to learn to control all that anger.' He said patronisingly. 'Oh, you won't need to soon.'

'Oliver, what the hell are you planning?' I said.

'See that window up there? He pointed to a small window I could just see from the corner of my eye. 'In about an hour, the sun will be up.' He said. 'Now, that's a bit unfortunate isn't it?'

'Amelie will get you.' I said, wincing from the pain from the chains.

'And you think she'll find us?' Oliver said.

I said nothing.

Has Amelie actually seen that text? I was getting worried. I knew that Oliver was capable of killing me. And I knew that he would stop at nothing. I had to get out.

A door opened at the top of some stairs, and a man walked down. He was the person who had come into the house earlier.

'Oliver.' He said.

'What?' Oliver snarled.

'Amelie's car just went past. She's looking for the girl.'

I smiled. 'Technology is great, isn't it?'

'You little--' Oliver said, and stood up.

The man walked over to me. 'I let you keep that stake.' He said, kneeling down. 'I have a large amount of stakes. Plenty if you want some more.'

There was a noise upstairs. A loud bang. The door at the top of the stairs flew open.

'Ah, Amelie.' Oliver said. 'How nice of you to drop in.'

Amelie ran down the stairs, with her guards following.

'Come any closer,' the man next to me said 'and she will die.' He said, pulling a stake forward and holding it, just above my heart. I could just feel the sharpened tip of it on my chest.

Amelie stayed stood at the bottom of the stairs. 'Oliver.' She said. 'Call your men off.'

'Why?' Oliver asked. 'You'll thank me later.'

Amelie snarled and lunged for Oliver, and her guards ran to get the person at the side of me. They were too late. I felt the stake sink into my chest, and let out a silent scream.

Amelie ran to me as more of her guards ran to Oliver. She gasped in pain as she grabbed the chains to snap them off of my wrists.

'Amelie.' I gasped. 'Call Myrnin.'

***

I was in a building. There were lush red carpets beneath me, and the room smelled like roses.

'Elizabeth!' Myrnin exclaimed as he ran into the room.

I couldn't reply. I couldn't move. The stake was still in my chest.

'Myrnin, come and help me!' Amelie said.

Myrnin ran over, and knelt down next to me, so fast it looked like he was more collapsing. His eyes looked glassy. He looked longingly at me.

'Myrnin, I need you to pull the stake out when I tell you to.' She said.

Myrnin nodded, almost crying. 'She's too young.' He said quietly. 'She won't make it.'

'We need to try.' Amelie said, and Myrnin nodded.

I understood that this was probably the last thing that I would see and hear. And I'm not going to lie, I was scared. Myrnin was holding my hand, and I was grateful. He was here. And that's all that mattered then. Myrnin was there.

'Now.' Amelie said, and Myrnin grabbed the stake and pulled.

I gasped as he pulled it, and my whole chest raised up. I closed my eyes with the pain.

'Elizabeth!' Myrnin said, and threw the stake behind him.

I keeps my eyes closed. The pain was burning in my chest.

'No. Elizabeth, open your eyes. Please!' Myrnin pleaded.

I tried, but I couldn't. I couldn't say anything. I couldn't do anything.

Amelie was stroking my hair.

'Please.' Myrnin sobbed. 'Elizabeth, I love you.' I felt one of his cold tears fall onto my face.

I opened my mouth. 'I love you too much to go.' I managed to whisper, and I forced my eyes open.

Myrnin laughed, and he smiled. His smile was perfect.

Amelie sighed in relief.

'Elizabeth.' He said, and kissed my hand. 'Did I just admit that for no reason?' He laughed.

I turned my head to face him. 'No, because I love you too.' And I smiled.

The door to the room burst open.

'Oh my god!' Michael shouted, running over to me.

I looked over to him. 'I'm fine.' I whispered. I couldn't help my eyes trailing to his neck. I could see his pulse.

'Michael, it's not safe for you to be in here.' Amelie said. 'Wait outside until she's healed.'

'She's my sister!' He shouted as Amelie's guards walked towards him.

'Michael, go. I can't help my decisions. I don't want to hurt you.'

Michael turned around and walked out.

Amelie helped me sit up. My chest was healing. I gasped in pain as I sat up, and Myrnin looked worried, but I smiled at him, reassuring him.

'When you're healed,' Amelie began, looking at me, then at Myrnin 'we need to talk.'

Okay. So Amelie didn't agree about me and Myrnin.

Myrnin grabbed my hand and squeezed it. 'It will be fine.' He whispered.