Chapter 15

We didn't go straight to the wedding reception. We decided to walk out into Founder's Square quickly to let people get there before us. The reception was also in the Elders' Council, but we didn't want to be the first through. 

Founder's Square was lit up - lights strung between the spaced out street lights. 

Myrnin put his hand in mine. 'Wow.' He said and looked at me. 'You look beautiful.' He smiled.

I smiled and looked towards my feet. Compliments always made me feel awkward. 'So do you.' I said. 

I looked up and Myrnin was smiling at me. 'I like it when you do that.' Myrnin said.

'Do what?' I asked.

'Look down when you're embarrassed.' He said. 'It's cute.' He laughed. 

I laughed at him. 'So,' I began, and started to walk with Myrnin. Founder's Square looked beautiful lit up. 

'So,' Myrnin laughed. 

'I guess we should be going to the reception.' I said.

Myrnin looked at me. 'We should.' He said and smiled at me. 

'Come along, Myrnin Glass.' I said, and walked with him back towards the Elders' Council building.

The building was a lot more full now. People were standing in the entrance room with glasses of champagne, vampires were standing with glasses of blood. If I had of had the choice, I would have made it only champagne, but Amelie had paid for everything, so I had to make sure everyone was happy. 

People turned when they saw us and smiled. They cleared from the entrance hall into the side room - opposite the room we had just gotten married in. The room hushed as we walked in. 

Music was playing in the background, almost indistinguishable against the whispers from people. The room was dimly lit. Fairy lights were strung along the edges of the room, like the ones outside in Founder's Square. Round tables were scattered in the room with white tablecloths and chairs were placed around them with white coverings. They had thick red ribbon wrapped around the backs of them, tied to a bow, with a red rose tucked into each of them. A tea-light was in the centre of each table in a red glass holder. 

Right at the end of the room was a long table, with intricate flower displays flowing over the front which contained red and white coloured flowers. 

A waitress walked past us carrying a tray of glasses of champagne. I took one off of the tray and handed it to Myrnin then took one for myself. 

'It looks great.' I said quietly and looked towards Myrnin. I had been worried when he had suggested that he should be in charge of the decorations, I had been expecting to see scientific equipment all over the room. But it looked amazing. 

Amelie walked up to us. She smiled at me. 

'Thanks,' I said to her. 'For all of this.' 

Amelie nodded. 'To see you happy, it's nothing.' She said. 'I've been to many weddings child, but that wedding was one of the best.' 

I was going to ask her why she said it was one of the best, but I decided not to. 

We walked over to the table at the end of the room and sat in the two middle seats. Michael sat down next to Myrnin, and Amelie sat next to me. When we were organising everything, we agreed that even though my parents were okay with us getting married, we didn't want them on this table. We decided that Amelie should sit with us because she was so close to us and she had paid for all of this, and Michael would sit with us because he's my brother. Claire was sat next to Amelie, and Eve next to Michael. Shane was sat next to Claire. Myrnin hadn't wanted Shane to sit with us, but I couldn't just leave him, and he had been another brother to me.