Chapter 11

A/N

Thank you so much for 7K!!!!!!!!!!! 

Yeah, too many exclamation marks. I get it. 

Enjoy this chapter. This is was too hard for me to write. Sad music helps.

Anyway, I'm going to be updating less because I've been asked to play piano in my school's Christmas concert, so I'm really busy getting ready for that because I'm finding it hard to learn my piece of music.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Myrnin's POV

Claire was around in the morning. Michael had told her about what had happened between Elizabeth and I. 

I was still slumped on the floor, glass digging in my hands, when Claire arrived. She took one look at me and ran over. 

'Myrnin,' She said. I didn't move. I was looking at Elizabeth's rings in my hand. 'Oh, God, Myrnin.'  She said, seeing the rings. 'Michael said you had fallen out but...' She trailed off. 

I didn't say anything. 

'I'm going to call Shane. He was going to go and see Elizabeth. Do you want him to tell her anything?'

'Forever.' I whispered, reading the engraving on her ring. I didn't realise I had said it out loud. I hadn't meant to say it, but when Claire was talking to her boy, she said it. 

Elizabeth would hate me even more, because I couldn't let her go when I needed to. 

'Elizabeth is a mess.' Claire said after coming off of the phone. 

I leaned my head back against the work bench. 'I don't blame her.' I said. 

'Me neither.' Claire said, brushing glass off of the floor and sitting next to me. I hadn't expected her to be reassuring. She wasn't that type. 'You should have told her straight away, when you found out about Amelie. You should have told her what you was doing here. Shane was worried about me too. He had spoken with her. She was upset, Myrnin. You weren't there to support her, which is pretty sucky, even for a vampire.' 

Claire - always the best person to make you feel better. 

'Do you still love her?' Claire asked. 

I nodded. 

'Then do something about it.' Claire said, and stood up. 

Elizabeth's POV

I was broken. That was the easiest way to describe me. All of this had broken me. I wished that I had never come to Morganville. If I hadn't have come, none of this would have ever had happened. 

It wasn't just the fact of breaking up with Myrnin that was hurting me. It was the fact that I had to make a decision that can change my life by Christmas. That was breaking me. 

I must have fallen to sleep, because hours disappeared. I woke up, and someone was coming upstairs. Two people. 

Michael stood at my door - Shane must have left it open. 

'Someone wants to see you.' He said. 

'If it's Myrnin, tell him to get a life.' I said bluntly. 

'Tell him yourself.' Michael said, walking off. Myrnin stood in my doorway. 

Myrnin was stood looking at me. 

'Myrnin,' I said. 'Just go, yeah? I don't want to talk to you.' 

'Please, Elizabeth, just give me a chance.' He pleaded. He sounded desperate. Too bad. 

'I gave you one when we were married.' I said. 

'We still are.' Myrnin said, stepping into my room. 

I sighed. 'Myrnin, I don't want to talk. Don't you get it?' 

'Yes, I get it.' Myrnin said. 'I was an idiot, Elizabeth. Just give me another chance.' 

'You've already had enough chances.' I said. 

Myrnin walked over to me. I was still just sat up in bed. 'Have this.' He said, putting something down on the set of drawers next to my bed. 'I'm sorry.' He said and walked out. He closed the door behind him. 

I looked at what he had put next to me. It was the ring. Forever. And a note.  

Dearest Elizabeth,

You hate me, and I hate myself. Everything is my fault. I wish I could sort this, but I know that if you have got this note, it means I understand that everything is over now. I will miss you, Elizabeth. Forever and always. 

Myrnin. 

I began crying again, even though I thought it was impossible. I hated loving Myrnin. 

I wished that I hadn’t fallen in love with him. Love is stupid.

I picked up my phone. I thought about what I would have done if this had have happened to me in England. I would have called Helena. She would have tried to cheer me up. Helena wasn’t there for me any more though. I messed that up too. She thinks I’m on drugs. Maybe if I can fix one thing though, I could fix us. I could ring her, and explain everything, even after all this time.

I dialled her number, and she picked up almost straight away, before I had chance to say anything, she said ‘I’m sorry. I’m stupid.’ 

God, I didn’t know what to say to her. She was different. Her voice sounded different. She had changed since I last spoke to her. At least she had changed for the better. ‘Thanks,’ I said, although it was more of a whisper. ‘Can we talk? Just like we used to?’ 

‘Sure. What do you want to talk about?’ Helena asked, as if we hadn’t been apart. That was why I loved her so much. 

‘I got married.’ I said, quietly.

‘Really?!’ She said in excitement. ‘Is he fit? Oh my gosh, does he have an American accent? They’re so cute. Can I see a picture?’ 

I couldn’t say anything for a few seconds. She was so happy for me. She had absolutely no idea what was going on. ‘Helena,’ I said quietly. ‘We fell out, and I don’t know what to do.’ 

‘Oh,’ Helena said. ‘Well, everyone fights.’ 

I wished that I could explain what had happened to her. I hated Morganville rules. ‘I can’t explain it.’ I said. ‘Someone who I know is ill, and they want me to… take their job.’ Sort of true. ‘My husband knew that they were ill, and he didn’t tell me. Plus, he hasn’t been coming come for a while. He’s been spending ages at work.’ 

Helena sighed. ‘Wow,’ She said quietly. 

‘Yeah,’ I said. ‘I’m a mess.’ 

‘Can’t you do anything? Talk to him? Do you really love him?’ She asked.

That question had caught me off guard. I hadn’t expected her to ask that. But the answer was yes. No matter how much I hated him, I still somehow loved him.

The ring was still sat next to my bed, with Myrnin’s note. Forever.