Chapter 19

It was getting dark outside when there was a knock at my door.

I had been in my room for a while. I had gotten changed into some new clothes, that didn't smell of smoke, and they weren't full of holes. Then I just lay in my bed. I heard someone come upstairs and close a door further down the landing, and I gathered that it was Myrnin.

Right now, I was lying in my unmade bed, having just been woken up. It seems like I spend a lot of time when I'm upset up here.

The person knocked on my door again.
'I know you're awake.' Myrnin said from outside my door.
'Everyone, meet the new Sherlock Holmes.' I said sarcastically.
'I'm not a fictional character of someone's imagination.' He said, and I couldn't help but laugh. He really didn't understand sarcasm.
'What do you want?' I asked him.
'To come in.' He said.
I sighed.
Myrnin slowly eased the door open. 'Does that mean I can?' He asked, poking his head around the door.

I sat up in bed, and rested against the wall behind me. 'Myrnin.' I said. 'You need to stay away from me.' I leant my head against the wall.
Myrnin walked in and sat on the edge of my bed. 'It's my choice.' He said. 'I can't just leave you.'
'It's my choice as much as yours.' I said. 'And I don't want you getting hurt, because the fire was my fault, and you could have been killed. If we hadn't have gotten close, that wouldn't have happened.'

Myrnin sat looking at me.

'Myrnin.' I said 'Go.' I know my fangs showed when I said that, and I felt my eyes flair red. I was scaring myself. 'It's not just the people that hate me that make me unsafe, it's myself.' I backed myself further against the wall. 'Please.' I said. 'Stay away from me.' I began crying. 'I can't trust myself.'

Myrnin edged towards me. I didn't want him to come near me. I knew that something would happen. I couldn't control myself any more.
'Elizabeth.' He said. 'It's okay.'
'No.' I said. 'No, it's not. This isn't right.'
'How long is it since you've eaten?'
I shrugged my shoulders.

Myrnin suddenly disappeared, then a few seconds later he was back in my room. He passed me a bottle, one of those ones from the fridge downstairs. I opened it and started drinking it. Myrnin also had one.

I finished it, and put it down. Myrnin had finished his a while ago.
'I've made my own choices.' He said. 'I know that it's not the safest thing for me to be with you, but I like being with you. If anything ever happens, if Oliver goes to far, and he does... Kill me, it's for the right reason. I would have died for you. That is the only way I want to leave this world.'
I sat next to him on the bed, and I didn't say anything, I just kissed him.