Back in Time

A million. 

That's how many monsters Percy predicted he had cut through today. And honestly, he'd had enough.

Earlier that day, he accidentally raised Gaea with a nose-bleed. Yes, a nosebleed. After that, he narrowly survived the final fight against the giants with 'help' from the gods. In reality the demigods were forced to do most of the legwork, the gods just claimed the spoils at the end.

Seriously, who died and made them king. Oh, right, the Titans. Though Percy did kill most of them a year back.

As if that wasn't bad enough, Percy was also forced to make one of the hardest decisions of his life only a few moments ago when he let Leo, Jason, and Piper go off to defeat Gaea without him. The experience left him with sick feeling in his stomach, it just went against everything he was.

A cold feeling suddenly rushed through his body and he quickly lifted his sword to deflect a telkhind attack. The poorly timed parry sent a jarring impact through his sword arm which was left feeling weak and rubbery. The demigod grunted with irritation, he really had to stop letting his guard down.

In one move, Percy spun on his heel and flipped Riptide into his left hand while slicing through the offending creature.

He didn't have time to dwell on the past and what could've been. He had a war to win...

"Hey you. How are you holding up?!" A familiar voice shouted from behind him. Percy looked around before finding the source of the voice. It was Annabeth. His amazingly awesome girlfriend was stabbing through hordes of dracanae with her new drakon-bone sword but she somehow still managed to smile at him. Gods, he loved her.

"Just another day in paradise..." He quipped tiredly.

Like they had done countless times before, Annabeth and Percy pressed their backs together and mercilessly attacked every mythological monster in their radius. The duo worked together as a perfect team, honed by years of combat together. They both covered each other's back and effortlessly matched one another's movements. They quickly turned the horde of monsters into piles of dust.

After their short rally, Percy put in hands on his knees and panted. In truth, he was barely still functioning. He seriously needed to have a talk with Gaea's recruiters, these monsters were no push-overs. Still, most of the monsters had been vanquished by the Greek and Roman demigods.

BOOM!

Percy cranked his neck at the sudden explosion in surprise. He looked way up into sky and was immediately blinded by a supernova of light.

Everything went silent and all the fighting ceased. A wave of confusion spread across all the demigods. The son of Poseidon swore he felt the temperature rise a few degrees.

Suddenly, cutting through the eerie quietness like a knife, was an unnatural whistle. Percy squinted up through the bright light and saw Jason Grace tumbling to the ground like a missile. The guy was sheltering Piper carefully in his arms as he visibly struggled to control their descent.

They crashed in a small cloud of dust a few hundred feet away. As Percy automatically hurried to reach the couple, he noticed something was wrong. Very wrong.

"...Guys, where's Leo?"

Neither of the two responded. Their tears were suddenly apparent to Percy and a chill swept through his body. No. Leo couldn't be-

The valley was suddenly interrupted by the familiar voice of Gaea. "You may have beaten me but I refuse to let you walk unscathed... No. It won't be a happy ending for your hero!"