The Forbidden Fruit | 11

Arabella's POV

Arabella's POV

"Okay just hear me out." Ace reasoned as he leaned forward, his hands halted before him. I watched silently as he flickered his eyes towards Erika, parted his lips and smiled. "Baby are you an oven because I'd like to whip up my dough and put a bun in you."

Silence. I have never endured such an awkward state of silence before this exact moment. The anticipation of Erika's reaction was eating us all alive as we moved to the edge of the seat. At this moment as she chewed on her sandwich, her eyes drooped lowly and her lips pulled into a thin line, we hadn't expected her to burst into a fit of laughter.

I let out a small huff and chuckled, along with everyone else who joined in after getting the confirmation from Erika that the joke was in fact laughable. "What!? my pick up line wasn't good?" He asked, bewildered. I rolled my eyes and ruffled his hair as he pouted childishly, trying to fathom whether this guy was really in his early twenties or if he was a twelve-year-old in a grown man's body.

Ace smiled in response to my comfort and I averted my gaze from his, purposely avoiding Tyler's penetrating gaze and unintentionally staring deeply into Aaron's brown eyes. I cleared my throat and blushed deeply, ripping my gaze from his and willing myself to stare anywhere else. "I think we should go for a swim. Look all the other students are going," Max proposed as he turned towards the lake.

"But we just finished eating, you guys do know you cannot eat and soon after swim, the food needs to digest first." I exclaimed loudly as everyone began to scatter from the table. "Yeah, yeah, we really don't care, so you coming or what?" Erika asked as she outstretched her hand towards me.

I stared at it for a beat, making it quite obvious to her that I wasn't gonna come. She shrugged and walked away from the table, leaving me with Tyler and Aaron staring at me in anticipation. "Come on sweet cheeks, can't miss the fun." Max said as he came up from behind me, his hand pressed against my shoulder before giving it a soft squeeze.

"Don't waste your time." Tyler grunted as he stood up, discarded his plate into the bin and stalked away. I pursed my lips in a thin line and flickered my gaze away from his retreating back. Aaron leaned in towards me and smiled, his pearly white teeth immediately sending a surge of warmth through my body. "Come on."

"Let's go, sweet cheeks." Max didn't wait for my response as he gripped underneath my armpit and hauled me off the bench. I squealed in shock as he picked me up bridal style, a goofy smile on his lips as he carried me towards the lake, ignoring my screams of protest.

"We're gonna have so much fun today."

~~~

"I'm not getting in guys, you're gonna have to drag me in." I said loudly as I wrapped my hands around my waist, shaking my head vigorously as I peered down at everyone swimming in the lake. "Oh please stop whining," Erika snorted as she walked towards me and grasped the rope dangling from the tree above us in her hand and strode backwards to propel herself into the water.