The Forbidden Fruit | 14

Arabella's POV

Arabella's POV

I nibbled on my bottom lip nervously as I watched the guys hop onto the bus. The rest of our class were packing their bags without making an effort to hide the fact that they were not the most pleased with our trip coming to an early end because of Mrs. Grot's short fuse.

However, everything that occurred stems back to me. If I didn't let the idiot charm his way into talking to me and getting comfortable he probably wouldn't have gone for Tyler. I'll never know what his true motives were at striking a fight with Tyler but I was used as the short gun and Tyler was the target, my shield was him launching himself at him, possibly breaking a few bones in his body.

Tyler became a different person at that moment. In high school, he was never the type to get into any physical fights with anyone whether or not they provoke him. It takes a lot to make him snap from what I've heard but yesterday I could already sense the uneasiness and edginess reverberating off of him.

It only took a few words to make him snap and beat that guy to a pulp.

And even though there may be great consequences to this, I still needed to thank him for standing up for me like that.

Erika and I boarded the bus soon after packing our bags and made our way towards our assigned seats. As I stood before my seat, I glanced down at Tyler who made himself rather comfortable with his head laid against the glass panes and his eyes shut softly. I placed my bag in the compartment above our head and slumped down next to him.

Mrs. Grot arrived on the bus soon after and checked the roll call before the bus was back on the road and towards the school where I once again dreaded to go. Just one more day out here would have been beneficial, why does she have to be so strict and overly exaggerating. "Well this trip didn't go as planned," Erika grumbled.

I sighed and shook my head in agreement, "agreed."

Silence enveloped the bus and I frowned deeply. Turning my body towards Tyler, I slowly lifted my hand and tapped him against the shoulder.

He responded with a soft hum and I bit down onto my lips, building up the courage and putting aside all my pride to say the simple words, "thank you."

He snapped his eyes open, blinked, then tilted his head towards me. Our gazes locked, his hard stare softened and he nodded his head. My eyes flickered to his bruised knuckles and I hissed involuntarily. Just seeing him hurt made my skin crawl even though he was the one doing the beating and didn't actually get touched.

That says a great deal.

"No need to say thanks, Bella."