The Forbidden Fruit | 19

Arabella's POV

Arabella's POV

"My name is Tyler Hart and I'm the guy you're gonna fall madly in love with."

I let out a strangled cry into my pillow as I clutched the sheets in my balled fist. My eyes were bloodshot red from lack of sleep, and my bones ached from the awkward positions I found myself slipping into when the restless night crept in.

Tyler's words kept on ringing in my ears for the past day. I'm the guy you're gonna fall madly in love with. He's driving me insane–extremely insane to the point where I can't get a goodnight rest because his freaking voice keeps ringing in my ears.

I flopped onto my back, my hands running over my face as I groaned in frustration. "Mother fuc–ugh!" I whisper yelled into my palms, trying my best to conceal my inner turmoil so that I wouldn't wake Erika.

Deciding that enough was enough and I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. I flung the sheets off my body and hopped off the bed. Erika was sleeping soundly on her bed, her face flat down in the pillow and her body oddly still.

Let's hope she doesn't suffocate.

Making my way to my closet, I grabbed my silk robe and flung it over my body then grabbing my slides and slipping out of the room quietly and into the empty hallway.

This felt more like a horror movie than a real-life event as I began walking away and towards the vending machine. I slipped a few coins in and soon a box of cold chocolate milk rolled down to shoot.

I grabbed it and sighed as I opened up the box and strode away. I wasn't gonna go back into the dorm room that deprived me of my sleep so instead, I decided to go down to the student's lounge.

It was maybe two in the morning– not that I cared, but judging from the last time we broke into that arcade and came back, students were still hanging around–I knew they might have been a few there now.

I decided to take the stairs instead of the elevator because I know it would draw too much attention towards me.

Hugging the robe tighter towards my body, I hurried down the stairs, slurping on my chocolate milk. I made my way towards the student's lounge where I could clearly hear chattering and laughing coming from students still up, probably hyper from coffee, high or up to complete assignments.

I strode into the lounge and thankfully no one's eyes fell onto me as I made my way towards the couch and slumped down onto it. I pulled my feet to my chest and grabbed my phone.

I had a few miss calls from my mom which made me frown slightly. She rarely ever calls unless it were an emergency or just something really important.