The Forbidden Fruit | 51

Tyler's POV

Tyler's POV

I sat upright, my hands folded tightly together as I watched the length of her body, the way she shifted from one leg and onto the other and raked her hand through her hair. She pursed her lips in a thin line and cupped her face in her hands before mumbling soft incoherent words under her breath.

"Arabella, are you going to talk or stand there all day whispering to yourself?" I knew my voice was distant and cold, I didn't know how to feel, what emotions to express because I don't even know what the hell I read.

Her phone kept ringing over and over again so finally when I decided to check out who was bombarding her phone the message from her mother popped up and I read just about enough.

"Bella!"

"Okay, I–I'll tell you." She mumbled before lowering herself down onto the computer chair. "When I went to the Thanksgiving dinner with my family they informed me of a contract that my parents signed before I was even born with the Marks family. My mother's first daughter is supposed to marry any son from the Marks family in the event that either family is unable to support their businesses on their own and are in need of assistance." She exclaimed.

I sat still, listening to the words that tumbled out of her mouth and I didn't need a second to understand what it meant. It means that Arabella is supposed to marry someone else. . . She's supposed to marry someone else. "Who?"

"What?"

"Who?" I asked again. She pursed her lips in a thin line and even from here I could see her eyes gloss over, threatening to spill tears from them. "Ryan Marks."

"Your boss?" I inquired in disbelief, shooting up from the bed and chuckling humourlessly as I paced around the room. I heard every word that she said but it just didn't settle yet, I couldn't fathom what I was hearing. My girlfriend is supposed to marry Ryan Marks, her boss.

"When is the wedding, Arabella?" I asked, placing a hand on my erratic beating heart as I leaned against the wall. She raised from her seat and sauntered towards me but I halted her movement by placing my hands before me and shaking my head softly. "When?"

"In two weeks."

"When were you going to tell me!?" I chuckled in disbelief as I lowered my hands and stuffed them into my pocket. I think the smile that stretched across my lips freaked her out a bit because I was dying on the inside and yet I didn't know what emotion to express. Maybe if I keep my face blank I won't break down in anger before her.

"Tomorrow? I–I don't know! Tyler you have to believe me, I didn't know about this until a few days ago. I don't want to marry Ryan!" She exclaimed. I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders as I b lined her body and sauntered towards the door. I leaned against it, trying my hardest to understand the situation I was–we were currently in.