The Forbidden Fruit | 48

Third Person Omniscient POV

Tyler lowered himself down onto the chair, glaring not so subtly at Malcom who cleared his throat awkwardly and spun around so that Tyler would not see his face or expression. "Well? Unless you tell me then my answer remains the same, no." Tyler snapped impatiently.

Malcom sighed and hung his head low, tears brimmed his eyes and he quickly wiped it away before once again clearing his throat. He stared out of the window and into the garden at the back of his mansion and found himself lost in the daises that grew from the earth's soil.

"Daisy, that was her name." He began, his grip on the chair tightening as he recalled her laughter in his ears, her hands on his body, her lips against his skin, his hand against her stomach. "We started dating from the moment I left home, god we were perfect for each other."

"How come I've never heard of this Daisy?" Tyler asked in confusion as he leaned closer towards his brother, his lips pulled into a frown. "I–I don't know I guess it just never came up." He shrugged nonchalantly, lying through his teeth. The reason why he never introduced her is because she asked him not too, she wanted to wait till the moment was right but the moment never came seeing as their family went downhill.

"Daisy got pregnant Tyler, and considering the circumstances who could we tell? Dad who was locked behind bars? Mom who was recovering yet relapsing from drug abuse? You who was too occupied taking care of mom to even think of himself? Tyler I–Daisy and I felt like you guys had too much on your plate to worry about another."

"But why would we worry about you having a kid?" Tyler asked. Malcom sighed and shrugged his shoulders once again, "I don't know, we just thought no one would care since everyone had their own lives as problems on their plate, we didn't want to burden you guys."

Tyler groaned and abruptly stood up, he tucked his hands into his pockets and arched his brows questionably, "Malcom, what does that have to do with anything? You could have still visited, Daisy was the one pregnant, not you."

"The baby died."

Tyler suddenly stiffened, his wide eyes swivelling towards his brother who suddenly sniffles and quickly wiped away the tear that cascaded down his cheeks. He blinked back the tears furiously and spun around to face Tyler who has yet to respond, too shocked to even say a word.

"She died and Daisy fell into depression thus me falling into depression as well. Seeing my fiancé mourning our daughter did not help my mourning either and for months I couldn't even get Daisy to leave the house, far less the room. And then one day when I came home she was just gone, she left me a letter saying that she was sorry and she couldn't live in this house anymore and be reminded of what she lost and I've never seen her since then