The Forbidden Fruit | 16

Arabella's POV

Arabella's POV

"Tyler..."

He spun around and nodded for me to proceed. "Be careful," I mumbled, my smile not reaching my eyes.

"Always am." He winked before pivoting on his heels and descending the stairs.

"Hey, you wanna go home?" Ron asked as he pulled me towards him. I shook my head and took in a deep breath as I heard the crowd begin to cheer loudly from beneath us.

"Just leave her. She'll be fine," Ace said from behind us. I spun around and examined him once again, still trying to comprehend what happened in the past ten minutes.

"I'm gonna go change into something more suitable." He announced, with that, he spun around and instead of taking the stairs he disappeared behind a wall.

"Come here," Max wrapped his hand around my arm and tugged me forward. We leaned against the balcony, peering down at the scene beneath us. I bit my lip nervously and turned towards Aaron, "what is this?" I asked. He titled his head towards me and smirked.

"It's illegal Mixed Martial Arts, sweetie. What makes it illegal is the fact that you can use illegal moves not sanctioned by the government and you could kill someone without getting thrown in jail because this isn't authorized by any sporting company. It's run by a mafia, as cliché as it may sound. This is what makes it so dangerous to be down here without experience and knowledge of what you're dealing with."

"But why not just go legit?" I found myself asking in astonishment. Max snorted, followed by Aaron and I raised my hands in surrender.

"Because this pays you more money and quicker. All these men you see in business suits, they bet their money on us, we make over 5,000 dollars a night depending on how many men bet on you. If you lose, that money gets cut in half and you only go home with 2,500 dollars. But that's more than an actual MMA fighter makes in a day."

But why risk your life just for money? I mean sure it's tempting to gain more money than a regular job could ever get you in a day but this is illegal. Someone can die! Who knows who's died!

"Don't worry, Bella. Tyler is fine. He's been doing this for two years now. And believe it or not, if it weren't already obvious. Tyler is one of the most well respected and feared fighter in this establishment. He gets defeated maybe once in every seven months and he's the reigning champion so far, no one can take him down easily."

I parted my lips, choking on the words that so desperately tried to leap off my tongue. But Aaron cut me off before I could get a word out and turned his attention towards the fight.