The Forbidden Fruit | 45

Tyler's POV

Tyler's POV

"Tyler that is no way to speak to your father." Malcom snapped as he trekked towards me threateningly, I marched towards him in equal speed until we were chest to chest, my fists balled tightly on my side shaking with anticipation to attach his face to it.

But my mother and father separated us. Malcom brushed his hand away and adjusted his tie, "relax, I wasn't gonna hit him or anything. I can't say the same for him though, you have quite a temper, Tyler."

"Yeah and I need an outlet, can I use your face?" I snapped. He rolled his eyes and motioned towards my mother who stood behind me, fear evident on her face as she latched onto my hand tightly. "Mother, can you get him into the proper attire for dinner, it starts in thirty minutes." Malcom nodded his head before spinning on his heels and disappearing into the family room.

Josiah–the man I no longer refer to as father sent me an apologetic smile and I was surprised to see that he hasn't said a word as yet. Guess he knows better than to poke the bear. He nodded his towards us and spun on his heels, trailing not far behind his son.

"Come on, Tyler. Let's get you cleaned up." My mother mumbled as she spun me around gently and led me up the stairs. God if she wasn't here I'd shed blood the moment I stepped through those doors. If my mother didn't contain me I'd really pummel my fist in both their faces. Ignorant assholes playing house when they weren't even here when my mother and I were both suffering.

For all I'm concerned the only family I have here is her. "Mom, are you happy?" I asked softly, she turned towards me, a sad smile creeping onto her face as she led me into the guest room. "I miss you, that is all darling. I'm fine, honestly, your father has just been trying to find ways to make it up to me for getting me into drugs in the first place. Tyler you have to understand that he never forced me to take them

If you hate your father you should hate me as much because I did drugs willingly, I put myself at risk willingly and I was equally as selfish as he was. He has spent two years in prison and let me tell you so far I've seen a changed man. We both know your father was never a horrible person, he wasn't abusive, he was always loving, always took care of you and Malcolm and myself. He was a great dad," she finished.

I pursed my lips in a thin line as I dropped my bag onto the floor, she's funny if she thinks a few words will gain my sympathy for him. Yes she was equally as selfish as him, yes she took those drugs willingly and yes he is or was a good man but if he had not brought the drugs into the house in the first place none of this would have happened.

It's a simple cause and affect.

"And am I supposed to sympathize with him? I could never hate you, after all, we've been through for the past two years despite everything. Father was the one who put us all in hell and I don't know when I'll ever be able to forgive him so please if neither you nor my brother wants to start a fight with me tonight don't bring it up."