The Forbidden Fruit | 30

Tyler's POV

Tyler's POV

I winced as her words sliced through the air and sighed deeply as I let them replay in my head. She never asked to be apart of whatever rival it was that Carter and I had and she really didn't deserve it.

I knew for a fact that Arabella didn't sleep with Carter. I mean who would, he's probably a walking STI and I know she's not stupid enough to do it, despite the fact that she almost did at his party.

The real reason why I was being such an utter ass towards her was to push her away from me. Yes, my methods were brutal and yes she may not forgive me but I'd rather have her hate me for a long time than I string her along and make her hate me even longer.

For the past two weeks, I've hardly been on campus because I've had other important and urgent things to do. Important things that I don't want her to know about because she doesn't need that kind of burden on her back at this moment. And after all, I've been doing for the past two weeks, I come back and hear she slept with Carter.

Hilarious. Not after the nights, we shared in New York, not after everything we've been through she would never betray my affection like that.

We were currently sitting in an empty classroom after an hour of being and I quote Mr. Santos–"Interrogated for our juvenile actions."

The room was frankly quiet and awkward, to say the least, and the tension was a tad bit high. Oh, who am I kidding! I know that both of them want to maybe get a weapon and possibly murder me with it.

I mean I was the common denominator here.

But right now I can't endure Arabella and the way she can easily affect me and draw me closer to her.  Let my guard down so easily, she scared every living organism in my body the night I nearly confessed to her about why I turned to fighting. I knew I couldn't risk doing it again because frankly, I didn't want her to see less of me.

Am being the stubborn girl she was she wasn't gonna let it go at all so I did the only thing I could think of. I broke her heart.

Having a substance abuser as a mother and a father who is currently in prison isn't something that you'd want to tell the girl you're fond of at any time.

The only reason why I'm fighting is just so that I could get enough money to pay off my college loan and pay to support my mother. She was the one who sent me off to college when she practically told me that I'm wasting my life on her.

At first, I didn't want to leave but she pressured me and eventually I gave up. I never stopped caring for my mom even if I was here, with the money I earned, I hired a caretaker for her and she was doing pretty good until she had a drug overdose a week ago.