The Forbidden Fruit | 49

Arabella's POV

Arabella's POV

I stood against the wall, my eyes searching the terminal frantically as I waited for him to appear. His plane landed about five minutes ago, I know he needed to go through customers first and then meet up with me but I was growing anxious.

I bit down onto my nails, ripping it from my fingers and spitting out. I did the repetitively until every single nail on my finger dig deep into my skin. I stared down at them in disgust and shoved my hands into my pockets, mumbling to myself that I needed to go do my nails after this.

After a few more minutes I finally saw him, dragging himself lazily out of the terminal, his eyes cast on the floor. I frowned deeply as my heart began to palpitate against my chest wildly, I couldn't dismiss the anxiousness, I needed to tell him eventually. The wedding was in two weeks, my parents wanted it affective immediately.

That leaves me with today or tomorrow to tell Tyler. Next week is only one week away from the wedding and then the week after is the actual wedding. If I hold it off until then Tyler won't forgive me, but if I rip off the bandage sooner than later maybe he won't feel as angry if I were to hold it from him.

I just hope that he understands that there's nothing I can do. I wish there were, maybe if I think about it long enough I might come up with a solution because I am not marrying Ryan.

As Tyler raised his head I jumped onto my tiptoe and waved at him frantically. His eyes skimmed past me as if I were invisible then back again as I continued to wave my hands like a maniac. When his eyes finally settled onto me he smiled and hurriedly stumbled down the slope that led towards me.

I didn't just stand there and waited until he came to me so I ran towards him, matching his pace until I finally stood before him and flung myself onto him in a tight hug. And then it hit me right then and there, my throat contracted, tightening to the point where I couldn't breathe. I bit back the tears threatening to spill from my eyes and tightened my grip on Tyler.

For a moment his body had stiffened and I wondered why but brushed it off when he relaxed against my touch. But I knew something was off, I could feel it reverberating off of him.

As we pulled away from the hug I examined his conflicted face and frowned, "are you okay?" We both asked simultaneously. "Yeah I'm fine but you don't look okay." We once again exclaimed in unison.

"Tyler–"

"Arabella–"

I giggled loudly and clapped a hand over my mouth to prevent a sob from escaping my lips. My emotions were haywire at the moment and I don't want him to question why I appeared off my rockers. "Baby, are you okay. Why–why are you crying?"

I didn't realize that I failed to conceal my tears as they trickled down my cheek slowly, tickling my skin on the way down. Tyler suddenly leaned in and pressed his soft lips against the tear that stopped just below my cheekbone. Then the other that trickled down near my lips and then his lips brushed against mine and I flickered my eyes shut when our lips intertwined.