The Forbidden Fruit | 44

Tyler's POV

Tyler's POV

"Happy thanksgiving and something that I am thankful for this year is meeting you again and falling more deeply in love with you and finally being able to call you my girlfriend without being a total and complete ass."

"Well as a matter of fact that did happen when you put a claim on me but who's thinking about that right?" She chuckled, I rolled my eyes and pulled her in for another hug. Even though she's tried to hide it I can see then tension on her face and I don't blame her.

I mean I was the one who partly has her on edge when I said I might have to do something that might make her hate me. And I wasn't lying, if tonight goes the way I expect it to then I really do fear that she will hate me when or if I come back.

"Bella," I whispered softly, she pulled away from the hug, her hands still draped around my waist. I peered down into her brown eyes, smiling sadly to which she returned it with as little enthusiasm. Yes in reality we were only going to be away from one another for two days before we get back to school but somehow we both knew it was going to be a lot more complicated than just that.

Because when I go back to my family I have no idea what to expect. "Just remember that I love you and I've loved you from the moment I almost broke your nose–" she giggled, her head lolling backwards as she shook it in amusement. I smiled and grabbed her chin, angling her head towards me, "–and I will always love you." I finished.

Her smile faltered and she nodded her head before raising herself on her tiptoes and brushing her lips against mine before I closed the space between us and brought my lips down onto hers softly.

But eventually, although I didn't want to rip myself from her arms I knew we had to part. And as if on cue the announcement for my flight to California blared through the intercom and I parted from Arabella, watching as she hesitantly made her way towards the chauffeur who ushered her to the private jet that her father apparently set up for her flight to New York.

She was supposed to celebrate it with her mother here in DC but her parents had a change of heart and now she's on her way to NYC. I smiled, waving goodbye before spinning on my heels and making my way to the terminal.

Let's hope today doesn't go as I think it would. 

~ ~ ~

Gripping the duffel bag tightly over my shoulder I navigated my way through the airport, trying to seek out the passenger pickup point where I was supposed to meet my very own chauffeur to my brother's house. Because I'd much rather a stranger greet me at the airport rather than my mother. 

Note my sarcasm.

"Hey! You there sir are you, Tyler Hart!?"