The Forbidden Fruit | 22

Arabella's POV

Arabella's POV

Staring at myself in the mirror, I ran a hand down the base of my dress, examining how the sequins sparkled under the lights that hung above my head. I smiled and ran my hand through my curled hair that bounced above my shoulder.

Tonight was the event that my father invited us all to and an hour ago everyone parted to get prepared. But that hour was up and we were all supposed to gather downstairs but unfortunately for the guys, you can never give girls a time limit to get dressed.

"Are you guys coming or what?!" Max shouted from downstairs. I rolled my eyes and grumbled underneath my breath as I snatched my purse from the bed before running the ruby red lipstick over my lips once more to give it more level.

Stumbling out of the room, Tessa and I nearly butted heads as she strolled down the hallway. I scowled as my eyes trailed down the outfit she was in.

It was a white dress that stopped inches above her knees and a few inches below her butt. A long cut cake down her neck and rounded her breast which I'm pretty sure was never this huge which means my little step sister was wearing a push-up bra to prove something to someone.

The ten pounds of makeup on her face didn't sit well with me either and neither was the height she stood because of her ridiculously tall heels. She smirked at my assessing eyes and spun on her heels before winking, "afraid I steal your man?"

"No, he likes his woman natural and not artificial, babe. So good luck trying." I winked back. She gawked back at me and I shrugged before brushing past her. Nessa emerged from their room and fell into pace with me as we trailed down the hallway.

She wore a long blue dress that revealed zero cleavage. It fell over her heels which matched the belt wrapped around her waist. The makeup on her face was natural and her blonde hair was combed in a fishtail braid.

"Wow, you look beautiful Ness." I smiled genuinely as my hands trailed down her shoulder, my eyes glued on her beautiful dress.

She returned the gesture, eyeing me up and down as well.

"Tyler is in for a run." She exclaimed, winking to which I replied by rolling my eyes as we finally descended the stairs.

Turning my train of thoughts from her, I watched my every step as I tumbled down beside Nessa. Never lifting my head in fear that I made eye contact with him. But it was inevitable because the moment I landed on the tiled floor we made eye contact.

He was dressed in a black tuxedo that clung to his body, showing off the muscles that rippled his arms. A redshirt was thrown under it and his black blazer hung over his shoulders as he leaned against the wall staring at me.