The Forbidden Fruit | 38

Arabella's POV

Arabella's POV

Tyler's body stiffened from beside me. Tears no longer flowed down his cheeks but I could still feel it reverberating off his body; the feeling to cry some more, to let the anger and pain out.

I knew it, I knew something was wrong. I knew that somehow Tyler was in trouble whether psychically or emotionally. I felt it in the pit of my stomach and now that I was facing him, broken down beyond points I've ever seen from him before.

I knew that it ultimately broke him. Nothing breaks Tyler Hart. "Ty. . ." I mumbled softly. He shifted, his chin grazing my shoulders as his hands fell limply to his side before he curled it around my waist and dragged me closer to his body. "Don't let go." He murmured softly. If I weren't so close to him I wouldn't have possibly heard the pain and strain in his voice as he spoke.

Oh, Tyler what happened?

"I won't, I promise," I reassured him. When has Tyler ever needed reassuring? Never, and certainly not from me. "Please, tell me what happened," I said as I ran my fingers through his hair. He stiffened once again and shifted his head so that it no longer laid on my shoulder.

He straightened up, unwinded his arms from mine and I let mine fall to my side. He snapped his head towards me and even under the scarce light that illuminated us I could see his glossy brown eyes clearly. "I said don't let go."

I immediately wrapped my arms around him once again, not missing the way his lips quirked upwards. I smiled softly and laid my head on his shoulder and even from here I could hear the faint beating of his heart which I was sure was hammering harshly against his chest if I could hear it clearly.

"What happened?"

"Please don't make me say. I can't, I won't. No matter how much you pry, Arabella I simply can't." He mumbled, his voice sounded as if he were at the brink of tears once again but he seemed to hold it in. He flickered his eyes shut and licked his parched lips before turning his face towards me.

His nose brushed up against mine, his curls tickling it in the process so I reached up and tucked it together with the rest of his hair as I caressed his damp and sticky cheeks. He leaned into my touch and sighed deeply, his warm breath fanning over my face.

At least he wasn't drunk, although he seemed completely distraught he wasn't drunk.

"I can't do this to you, Bella. I can't keep stringing you along for a ride of pain and disappointment."

"Tyler what are you talking about?" I pleaded, my eyes boring into his for some sort of explanation. He shook his head and flickered his eyes to his hands, furrowing his brows as he lifted his head and said, "I want to spend every other day after this with you. Promise me that you'll spend every day with me." He said, sounding like a child pleading to a parent who worked constantly and had little to no time for him.