The Forbidden Fruit | 13

Tyler's POV

Tyler's POV

Leaned against the tree I couldn't stop myself from glaring at Arabella and Aaron sitting on the log, their bodies plastered together as they laughed hysterically at god knows what.

But who would blame her for wanting to spend time with Aaron and Max? I'm practically pushing her away, saying ridiculous things that I didn't mean. Claiming that she's mine, even I can admit that I need to gain control over my actions and words and not speak just on anger.

I never meant the words I said, I was angry and I wanted her to know that my feelings never faded. But my anger took control of my tongue and sprung out the words that weren't meant to be said.

I had no right to tell her not to speak to Aaron. I made it seem like he was a horrible guy but I wasn't wrong about her not knowing him. There are things that she doesn't know about any of us and yet she acts like everyone in the world is her buddy.

That won't work out in the long run for her but who am I to judge and who am I to enforce rules on someone who doesn't belong to me.

Still trapped in my thoughts, I didn't let my eyes waver from Arabella.  Aaron slipped away from her for a moment and I took this opportunity to go talk to her but my chance slipped away as another student slumped down beside her, draped his hand over her neck and whispered something into her ear.

I wonder if she's realized what she's doing. Everywhere you turn she's with some guy and that only fuels the rumours about her that supposedly followed her all the way from high school.

Sometimes I ask myself if she does it on purpose as she did in high school. After word got out that we slept together I made sure to keep tabs on her at school although I avoided her at all costs.

I shouldn't have avoided her, because it only drove her to dig deeper into the already deep hole that I created. I only told one of my best friends about her and I trusted him with that information but he told everyone.

But I can't blame him, I have to blame myself.

I gritted my teeth in frustration and backed up into the tree. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Ace approaching me, two beers grasped between his fingertips as he strode slowly and steadily as if I were gonna pounce at him.

"Come on." He exclaimed, handing me the beer and leaving no room for an explanation as he pivoted on his heels and strode towards the campfire. I trailed behind him, popping the can open and taking a long swig as I idled past Arabella. My eyes purposely interlocking with hers until I lowered myself down onto the log.

Ace sat down on my right side and Max lowered himself on the opposite side. I eyed them both then tried to put names to the unfamiliar faces that surrounded us.