The Forbidden Fruit | 53

Arabella's POV

Arabella's POV

"Bella. . .I don't know what to say." Erika muttered as she slumped down beside me, her hands intertwining with mine and then she squeezed it softly in a comforting manner. I nodded my head and smiled, twisting my body all the way so I could face her.

"I don't know what to do," I muttered softly as I leaned against her shoulder hopelessly. She shook her head vigorously and pushed me back lightly so that I could face her once again.

"No you're nineteen which means you have the consent to deny this marriage, you can talk to a lawyer, I bet that contract is now invalid since you're nineteen right? And isn't it illegal to arrange marriages in Washington Dc?"

She's absolutely right, I wasn't even born yet when my parents signed that contract and maybe I can call a hotline and contact and lawyer to help me out and I can get out of this bind. But won't that take weeks? And my parents are business moguls they must know I might try something.

"Arabella, I know what you're thinking but this is abuse. You're nineteen, there must be some way to get yourself out of this marriage and we are gonna find out one way or another. I know you're acquainted with some of the best top lawyers here, maybe they can look into this contract?"

I sighed deeply and rose from the bed. Yeah if only I had the contract with me but I don't so there's no way they can look into it.

Wait I haven't even seen this famous contract that was signed without my consent, there must be something in it that states that at a certain age I can refuse all the claims made in it.

"Erika, grab your things because we're gonna give my mother a lovely little visit." She smirked mischievously and sauntered towards her bag before packing it with all her necessities.

"I may be majoring in accounting but I know a thing or two about business." She winked before sashaying towards the door and flinging it open dramatically.

I rolled my eyes and slipped my phone into my pocket after informing my mother that I would be swinging by to have a civilized conversation with her later. I followed Erika out of her room and halted dead in my tracks as Tyler emerged from his. He was pulling a shirt over his head hurridly but I had already caught sight of the purple bruise imprinted on his waist.

My eyes widened as I grabbed his arm quickly and tugged him down the hallway. I flashed Erika an apologetic smile and she rolled her eyes before shouting that she was gonna wait for me downstairs and then disappeared behind the elevator doors.

Tyler let out a surprised shriek then groaned in pain before snatching his hand from my grip and cradling his stomach. "Tyler Hart, what the hell happened to you?!" I blurted out in concern as I shuffled towards to examine his bruises.

He groaned in annoyance and slapped my hand away, I frowned deeply and couldn't help but let my eyes wander to the slit below his eye, his bruised knuckles and of course the purple bruise on his waist.