18. Thanks Brothers

(This song popped in my head while writing, so here you go, lol.  savage garden- I want you ^^^ 😁)

____________________________________________

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.

Joseph Campbell

__________________

I spit the blood out of my mouth into the sink. My lip was beginning to swell as I assessed the damage. That hurt but it's not the worse thing that's happen to me. Who would've thought a 19 week old baby could kick so hard. I had leaned down to play with Aiva & she kicked me right in the mouth twice before I could move. "See that's what you get for leaning your head near her feet " Warren said as he walked into the bathroom to check on me. "She's probably practicing for soccer or UFC . Are you alright"

I shook my head at his comment "yeah I'm good" I replied as I grabbed some water in my hands from the sink to rinse my mouth. He came behind me & kissed me on my right cheek. Then walked back out to where the girls were in his room.

It's been a few weeks since Pav got back. I'm still learning to let go of the life I once had. It's gone. It almost seems like it was just a dream sometimes. The hotel doesn't exist, my home was built from my imagination. Some nights I actually dream about going to the bar with Rae or walking in the park. It's strange.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving & I've tried to be on my best behavior. The guys haven't abused me at all since Zac slapped me. Well in the pain sense, not the forced sexual sense. Its actually surprising to me. The only thing that happened is Pav pretty much blackmailing me into submission to him. It started with him explaining to me that he heard my voice while in his coma. If I would've known he'd pull through & coma patients hearing you vividly wasn't a myth, I would've thought to avoid what I did.

*********Flashback**********

Pav sat down on the bed next to me. He was about to tell me a story, that was more truth then fiction & I wasnt ready.

"So Zo, did you know that while you're in a coma, you can hear the voices of people around you. In my dreamlike state, I heard your voice very clearly."

I swallowed the lump in my throat & tried to look confused, like I didnt know what he was talking about.

He continued to speak " I was standing in a large field of wheat. There was talk of food from Zac, then your voice came in. I knew it was yours & my brother's voice, just like I knew everyone's voice that I know specifically.

"He mentioned how he talked to me the whole time I was out of it, which was true. He constantly appeared in my dreamstate as well as Zac, Mila & Will. This was the first time you appeared, Zo. He told you to speak to me positively & that's what you did, isnt it...in the beginning".

"Oh That's good" your voice replied

As clear as day, I heard your voice "Hi Pav it's me, you're going to be alright. Warren is here." I nervously chewed on my bottom lip, as his story continued.

"I wanted to reply to you all, but I couldn't. I couldn't touch you either. But you touched me didn't you"

Warren said something about the bathroom & you not leaving.