Chapter fifty "mistakes were made"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
James' p.o.v
Flash back~!
we sat around the table all of us, "that's a stupid plan you know that right?" Tinker asked "are you trying to kill us?!" He slammed his fists on the table, I took a breath "it's the best shot we have, it's either we stay here and wait for the end of the world or! We go and confront her now!" I argued "and you'll get us all killed though! We were lucky just to get her to that weakened state! To try and defeat her is more troubling!" Teep pointed out "but we have the future vision that he can access..." Snowdrop mumbled "Yea but can he actually control it? Seeing as it's not his actual power!" Kye argued rubbing his wounds from Snow, "trust me she's too weak to regain full power so quickly so we strike now and she's toast!" I reassured "If it's anything I trust him..." Summer said a slight blush on her cheeks, I smiled at her as a thanks "Welp, I guess I trust his plan as well seeing as he is my brother and all..." Jade said shrugging I looked to Tinker, He sighed "if we all die the fault will be all yours you understand me Wellsster?" Tinker growled I nodded "yea I understand"
End of flash back
Six weeks after that conversation...

We had tracked her castle to an abandoned temple far away from civilisation, "anything you can give me KiKi?" I asked I wasn't given a response just white noise, "Alright so something is blocking KiKi from talking to me" I sighed "you mean the amulet?" Tinker asked searching his bag "Yea...why?" I asked turning to him "oooh someone's keeping secrets...." Decay purred I shook my head trying to dismiss him "I actually took the amulet from her when we almost had her" Tinker admitted "YOU DIDN'T—" I took a breath trying to calm down "you didn't think to tell me or any of us before hand?!" I growled "we can't use it, you see how bad it's cracked? It was a miracle you were even able to communicate to her in the first place!" Tinker said pulling out the amulet, he was right about it being cracked but he didn't think to mention it fucking earlier?! I growled lowly "careful you might just release me~" Decay teased I sighed and jumped into the closest shadow without a second word to the others, I looked through one of the many doorways seeing the inside of the temple, I saw her there standing in the midst of chanting something, standing in a ritual, she was in Zen's form, but black and purple scales seemed to scatter across her body seemed she was regaining power, Magic surged around her as she propelled it forward striking something I couldn't quite see, she took a knee visibly tired "quickly now...before those idiots have a chance to attack us..." she muttered being helped up by one of the five Tainted that were with her "oooh those five! I wondered when they'd be useful..." Decay chuckled "shut up, what is this place?" I asked "Oh this would be the Uh.... huh... she didn't share that information" Decay muttered he almost sounded offended "aww you sad because you're no longer the favourite?" I mused I heard him growl, I stepped back through the shadow and to the group "Okay so she did a ritual thing and shot something, oh also she's getting her scales and shit back so we might want to hurry" I informed. Since she was weak most of the tainted had spread out and haven't been a problem, We snuck into the temple seemingly unnoticed when we saw her there chanting again "there she is..." I muttered "let's get her" We summoned our weapons and rushed forward, only for the floor to give way making us fall, I hooked my scythe on the edge of the floor grabbing Summers hand, we had all grabbed onto each other now practically a human chain, my arms felt on fire as I looked down to see an empty abyss below us, "Well,well,Well lookie What we have here, dead meat" Ender chuckled leaning over the pit we were hanging from "you bitch... you planned this!?" I yelled angrily "yes sharing memories with this husk does seem to have its uses..." she said walking around the pit we hung from "my my seems you're the life saver of everyone this time huh?" I growled trying to pull myself up, it felt like my arms were going to snap at anytime, "you'll fucking pay for this I swear to god!" I threatened she didn't respond but backed up out of view so I couldn't see her, "hey! Come ba—" I was interrupted by Zen close up to my face grabbing my chin as she lifted me up slightly, she was being held by one of her Tainted so she herself didn't fall in, "let it be known that I had some mercy, now goodbye, old friends" she hissed smiling a toothy grin, she was lifted up and stood up straight her foot on the blade of my scythe "no, no! Zen! Don't!" I shouted as she kicked the blade off the ledge plunging us into the abyss, I grabbed Summer closely as we fell into what would be our deaths....